Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: replacement exhaust  (Read 826 times)

ThirdMan

• Iver Heath, South Bucks
    • View Profile
replacement exhaust
« on: 01 April 2007, 22:50:06 »

Probably an old query.....................I was silly enough recently to go to a very well-known (for it's quick fitters) exhaust-replacement centre for the 2 middle and 1 back box for my '99 3.0 elite.......................cost circa £273. (THe exhaust that is, nearly as much as the car!!)
What was once swift, silent, & serene, is now still swift, but certainly not silent or serene.................If I wanted to sound like a boy racer I'd be delighted, but being an 'Old Git', I'm much happier with a bit of hush!    Anyone know how much a proper silencer costs?
The original was 8 years old, and worked.  The replacement has a 3 year guarantee, & is not nearly as quiet!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: replacement exhaust
« Reply #1 on: 01 April 2007, 23:07:09 »

Yep kwik fit and all other pattern part zorsts are sh!t...

Really do sound awful.... its due to the thin metal used and it being only single wall.

I fitted a genuine GM Zorst to mine about 6 months back, cat back cost me £200 on trade club for my 2.2.

Its the same as the V6 as 2.2 has 2 centre silencers...

Unfortunately there is no extra silencer you can get.... i take it your kwik fit system is fairly new? My advice is eBay the current one if its easy to get  off and go for GM zorst  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: replacement exhaust
« Reply #2 on: 02 April 2007, 09:19:39 »

If you have access to Trade Club, a genuine exhaust is about same price as pattern, then bung little backstreet garage £20 - £30 to fit...
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.