Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fault codes???  (Read 1287 times)

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
fault codes???
« on: 01 April 2007, 22:25:48 »

Can anybody offer some help.?1998 2.5 elite..engine managment light has come on and and have done "papaer clip test "on fault codes.the following 2 codes have been recognised

what do i need to do in order to get rid of fault?/ie what or how do i repair the fault..once repaired or ignored how do i restore the managment light(or do i need to pay the man with the computer ?)

thanks .guys

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
Re: fault codes???
« Reply #1 on: 01 April 2007, 22:31:56 »

*IF* I'm looking at the right bit:

59 Inlet manifold valve 1 Low voltage

73 Air Flow Sensor (AFS) Low voltage

Don't like the sound of the first one..

You might be able to find them yourself Here
« Last Edit: 01 April 2007, 22:32:32 by ClarCE »
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 April 2007, 22:36:46 »

Yes..I did read the fault code chart after doing the clip test but was unsure what exactley the 2 codes signified as car runs perfectly and nothing seems amiss???
do i need to unplug or replace anything as light only appeared yesterday after putting my foot down coming out of speed restriction on motorway and has not dissapeared since.
when and if i get to bottom of fault how do i get the light to go out???

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 April 2007, 22:36:48 »

well - both are low voltage. The topbuzz website doesn't seem to list an "inlet manifold valve 2" - so I'm guessimating that it's referring to the multi-ram switches by "inlet manifold valve".

Personally I'd be checking the wiring connectors for the MAF sensor and the multi-ram switches are plugged in OK ... I had a similar problem when the cam cover gaskets were done on my first omega. Turned out that the electrical connection to the rear mutliram was left disconnected on reassembly. Due to the way the muti-ram system works, no error code was flagged until the RPM exceeded 4k RPM-ish ... sounds similar to me ... so check that one first - it won't cost anything to have a look and check other than time  ;)
« Last Edit: 01 April 2007, 22:53:25 by sounds2k »

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 April 2007, 08:26:49 »

Thanks Chris ..sounds like the problem could be resloved quite simpy..the suggestion you have made seems to fit the case...have recently had cam cover gaskets changed(which is another story as they still are leaking so are due to be done again next week bt mechanic in gillingham f.o.c..but i will be buying genuine gm gaskets and asking for exchange covers to be fitted  supplied also by me )so when work was last done could have been an issue with no or loose connections of fittings..this did not come to light until i need to give car a lot of revs on saturday afternoon on m26 road works to get out of way of belgian lorry in the wrong lane....so all things seem to point to that..will finish my coffee and toast and then go and have a look under bonnet to see what i can find.......asssuming they are loose/not connected when plugged back in will orange light go out???then assume will need to get fault codes that are logged in brain cleared..thanks alot..andrew

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 April 2007, 09:22:48 »

Ignore the MAF for now until others are cleared, not uncommon for it to pop up if there are other errors.

59 is the rear multiram, so double check that connector, though they never fall off on their own...
Grumpy old man

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 April 2007, 09:27:08 »

Problem sorted ???fiddled around with connecters at front of car and plug at back of plenum..turned on ignition..started engine and "brilliant"light has gone out..so all seems to be sorted ..expect it was either slightly loose or dodgy wire..anyway don,t know which one was problem but it has now sorted so will wait and see if it appears again..but thanks alot guys ..no more orange light

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 April 2007, 09:54:26 »

Thanks Chris ..sounds like the problem could be resloved quite simpy..the suggestion you have made seems to fit the case...have recently had cam cover gaskets changed(which is another story as they still are leaking so are due to be done again next week bt mechanic in gillingham f.o.c..but i will be buying genuine gm gaskets and asking for exchange covers to be fitted  supplied also by me )so when work was last done could have been an issue with no or loose connections of fittings..this did not come to light until i need to give car a lot of revs on saturday afternoon on m26 road works to get out of way of belgian lorry in the wrong lane....so all things seem to point to that..will finish my coffee and toast and then go and have a look under bonnet to see what i can find.......asssuming they are loose/not connected when plugged back in will orange light go out???then assume will need to get fault codes that are logged in brain cleared..thanks alot..andrew

Think the credit for that one goes to sounds2k mate, I just pasted the codes!
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 April 2007, 10:24:50 »

Problem sorted ???fiddled around with connecters at front of car and plug at back of plenum..turned on ignition..started engine and "brilliant"light has gone out..so all seems to be sorted ..expect it was either slightly loose or dodgy wire..anyway don,t know which one was problem but it has now sorted so will wait and see if it appears again..but thanks alot guys ..no more orange light
Good news :y

Just ensure the rear multiram is fully plugged in - they have a spring latch mechanism, so shouldn't unplug, so possible, its not latched in place...
Grumpy old man

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 April 2007, 12:31:09 »

Thanks again guys..will see what happens if aything this week..am due to have both rocker covers/all gaskets/and breathers cleaned next tuesday so will make a point of ensuring all plugs are pushed in home.....strange it only happened when put my foot down hard and revs went up 4500 ish..perhaps that will teach me..cheers again all    

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 April 2007, 20:18:38 »

it's a V6 ... it should be over 4k RPM on a regular-ish basis ... that's when it really gets going properly ... helps keep the breathers clear too  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.