Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ok what am i doing wrong...  (Read 1231 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
ok what am i doing wrong...
« on: 02 April 2007, 15:40:05 »

spent all day trying to fix dads door lock.... all went went, took door card to bits and old motor off, new one on (scrappy one)

Tested it before i put it back together, locked it.... and it did not pop back up again. Great or so i thought.

Put it all back together, and it seams to lock, but pull the door handle and the door opens!  :o >:(

Tried both scrappy ones, no joy. Now put old one back on getting same problem. What am i doing wrong!??!

For the past few tests i just wacked the motor on and connected it up, I did not put that metal hook to the motor behind the door handle (the actual key bit that looks like it twsits... is that important?   :-/

Stuck on what to do, no matter how i do it, the rest of the car locks ok and does not pop back up again, the drivers door just stays open  >:(

Any ideas?

Edit: Ooppps sry should have put this in General Help, sry!
« Last Edit: 02 April 2007, 15:44:25 by tunnie »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: ok what am i doing wrong...
« Reply #1 on: 02 April 2007, 15:50:07 »

You're missing a rod somewhere
Grumpy old man

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 April 2007, 15:50:15 »

spent all day trying to fix dads door lock.... all went went, took door card to bits and old motor off, new one on (scrappy one)

Tested it before i put it back together, locked it.... and it did not pop back up again. Great or so i thought.

Put it all back together, and it seams to lock, but pull the door handle and the door opens!  :o >:(

Tried both scrappy ones, no joy. Now put old one back on getting same problem. What am i doing wrong!??!

For the past few tests i just wacked the motor on and connected it up, I did not put that metal hook to the motor behind the door handle (the actual key bit that looks like it twsits... is that important?   :-/

Stuck on what to do, no matter how i do it, the rest of the car locks ok and does not pop back up again, the drivers door just stays open  >:(

Any ideas?

Edit: Ooppps sry should have put this in General Help, sry!

Tunnie,

I've done the same on my GLS - the lock I put into the CD (silver one) is working, but it was dark so I didn't get chance to have a look at what I'd messed up on the GLS.  I'll be checking it tonight and I'll let you know - I did manage to dead lock it with another press on the button and this has stopped the door being openable...  It will be something simple I'm sure, just didn't have time to check it out yet..
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

Matchless

• Omega Knight
  • Nottingham
    • A white van
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 April 2007, 15:55:11 »

iirc, there is a rod to the internal handle, one to the external handle and a third one to the key lock which is there to over-ride the deadlock if electric locking fails. I think this third one has to be in its 'normal' position for the lock to work properly.

All I can suggest is that you study how the lock works with it off the car, you need to move the lock 'jaws' with a screwdriver shaft to the first latch and second latch positions to simulate the door closing for it to operate properly, once you understand how its supposed to work then look to see what it is actually doing.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 April 2007, 16:06:16 »

right well SUCCESS !!!  :D :D

Not sure exactly what i did  ::)

At the moment it all works as it should, locks and unlocks... and stays locked. Also the door is actually locked  ;D

Everything is connected bar 1 rod, which goes to the actual key lock bit. So i need to fix that on and should be done.  :)

I'll report back when its all back together and as it should be.

Just also pin pointed another problem with mine but will create a separate thread

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 April 2007, 16:11:48 »

Everything is connected bar 1 rod, which goes to the actual key lock bit. So i need to fix that on and should be done.  :)
I put this on the wrong way round first time & the key wouldn't work, so be careful which way you put it........
« Last Edit: 02 April 2007, 16:14:21 by paulmccristall »
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 April 2007, 17:06:15 »

I put this on the wrong way round first time & the key wouldn't work, so be careful which way you put it........

Just having a pig of a job doing that now, can't work out how its supposed to fit the correct way  >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 April 2007, 17:46:07 »

Just having a pig of a job doing that now, can't work out how its supposed to fit the correct way  >:(
Surely you took a piccy first so you would know how it all goes... :-?
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 April 2007, 17:48:41 »

Surely you took a piccy first so you would know how it all goes... :-?

Well since i stripped down my door as well to test the window buttons i can compare, and i can see exactly how it should fit, but cannot work out how the hell its supposed to get to that position.....

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 April 2007, 18:11:20 »

It took me ages, lots of trial & error & took most of the skin off the back of my hands.....
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 April 2007, 20:22:33 »

success  :D

All done any working...thanks to TheBoy again for popping over..  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 April 2007, 21:37:39 »

success  :D

All done any working...thanks to TheBoy again for popping over..  :y
Your dad will be pleased ;)

Unless you nick his leccy window motor... ::)
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.