Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MV6 ex-police car - I need a mechanic  (Read 2608 times)

realboss7669

• Bristol, UK
  • "Nao ha tempo para amanha"
    • View Profile
MV6 ex-police car - I need a mechanic
« on: 20 April 2007, 13:54:28 »

I recently bought an Omega estate MV6 ex-police car. Its a 3.0 Manual 97 (older engine). It needs the following work done to it:

Cam gaskets
Water Pump
Cambelt
Rear exhaust box
Brake pads (possibly)

Does anyone know of any decent mechanics in the Bristol area who arent a rip off?

Cheers!
Cars:
Mercedes CL420 Coupe (LPG'd)
Porsche 924 Carrera GT
BMW E30 convertible with 3.5 engine conversion ("335"!)
Omega 3.2V6 Elite - for sale :-(

Honda VTR1000 SP2
BMW GS1150Adventure

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
Re: MV6 ex-police car - I need a mechanic
« Reply #1 on: 20 April 2007, 14:09:33 »

We're having a bit of a gathering at mine on Saturday 28th realboss, we're only doing 1 cambelt at the moment, sure we could fit yours in too - if you get all the parts (including sealant for the cam covers and antifreeze for water pump change) sure we can fit you in too.. all you need to buy is all the bits and some bbq food ;)

Its in newbury, not far from you really - look in meetings and gatherings forum under 'The Next Cambelt Party'

Theo - could we do this one too you reckon?
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 April 2007, 14:15:36 »

Those jobs are all straight forward... get yourself the cambelt dvd for £3 posted and have a go yourself!

realboss7669

• Bristol, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 April 2007, 14:40:08 »

We're having a bit of a gathering at mine on Saturday 28th realboss, we're only doing 1 cambelt at the moment, sure we could fit yours in too - if you get all the parts (including sealant for the cam covers and antifreeze for water pump change) sure we can fit you in too.. all you need to buy is all the bits and some bbq food ;)

Its in newbury, not far from you really - look in meetings and gatherings forum under 'The Next Cambelt Party'

Would love to....except, the car isn't MOT'd!! Also I wouldnt want to risk a trip to newbury incase cambelt snaps. VERY kind offer though, as I love BBQs!!! All the Omega people I have spoken to on this forum have been really helpful. Restores my faith in the human race!

Thanks again though
Cars:
Porsche 924 Carrera GT

Honda VTR1000 SP2
BMW GS1150Adventure

realboss7669

• Bristol, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 April 2007, 14:41:12 »

Those jobs are all straight forward... get yourself the cambelt dvd for £3 posted and have a go yourself!

Hmmm, I always get nervous about taking the risk. Where can I get such a dvd bud?
Cars:
Porsche 924 Carrera GT

Honda VTR1000 SP2
BMW GS1150Adventure

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 April 2007, 14:44:47 »

Hmmm, I always get nervous about taking the risk. Where can I get such a dvd bud?

PM 'Robin Hood'

DVD is of the cambelt being changed as you would see it.

realboss7669

• Bristol, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 April 2007, 14:53:03 »

Cheers Tunnie, I've dropped him an email so will see. Couldnt believe my luck in buying the Omega for £175. Ok, its got 180k on the clock, but the engine was replaced by the Rozzers at 100k! :y

Cars:
Porsche 924 Carrera GT

Honda VTR1000 SP2
BMW GS1150Adventure

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 April 2007, 15:01:01 »

Would love to....except, the car isn't MOT'd!! Also I wouldnt want to risk a trip to newbury incase cambelt snaps. VERY kind offer though, as I love BBQs!!! All the Omega people I have spoken to on this forum have been really helpful. Restores my faith in the human race!

Thanks again though

No worries - as the others have said (although I haven't tried it) the DVD comes highly recomended :)
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

The Barge Captain

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
  • Back in the land of the economicaly active
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 April 2007, 15:05:29 »

Hi Realboss.  Good to see another member in the Bristol area.  Whereabouts are you?  Can't really offer to help at the moment as the Missus is due to have a baby any time in the next couple of weeks.
JasonH (member on here) might be able to help out with the loan of a cambelt locking kit.  He lives in Long Ashton.

You might also be able to persuade JamesV6CDX to come and give you a hand.  He is from Cheltenham, and his mechanics skills come highly recommended around here.
Thou art no more an angel filled with light, but a leech to be abhorred and thou shalt suffer my burning will...

realboss7669

• Bristol, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 April 2007, 15:07:27 »

Great, well I will give it a shot and see. Got to start learning more advanced mechanical stuff at some point!
Cars:
Porsche 924 Carrera GT

Honda VTR1000 SP2
BMW GS1150Adventure

realboss7669

• Bristol, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 April 2007, 15:14:08 »

Hi Realboss.  Good to see another member in the Bristol area.  Whereabouts are you?  Can't really offer to help at the moment as the Missus is due to have a baby any time in the next couple of weeks.
JasonH (member on here) might be able to help out with the loan of a cambelt locking kit.  He lives in Long Ashton.

You might also be able to persuade JamesV6CDX to come and give you a hand.  He is from Cheltenham, and his mechanics skills come highly recommended around here.

I'm in north Bristol myself, Patchway. I tried JamesV6CDX and he was really really helpful. He said he was busy for a few weeks, but I tried contacting him but no response. I tried a few times over the last two weeks but the cars got to get done fairly soon as I need to use her. I have 7 cars at the moment, but cant get rid of my main car (BMW 525) until the Omegas on the road. Luckily I have a nice sized drive so can manage with 5 cars and 2 are with my brother!

Plan is to sell 3, then use the Omega engine for the Rekord towards the end of the year. Daimler will then be the following project!

My cars are:
Daimler Coupe 4.2 1976 (in my garage)
Opel Rekord Coupe 1968 (on my drive)
Omega MV6 (on my drive)
BMW 525SEi e34 (on my drive)
BMW 325i sport e30 (at my brothers)
BMW 325i Convertible lhd e30 (at my brothers)
Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0 CDX (missus car)
Cars:
Porsche 924 Carrera GT

Honda VTR1000 SP2
BMW GS1150Adventure

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 April 2007, 18:16:24 »

Thanks again though

Here, Here..  Great bunch on here, not even met any of them yet, appart from Erratic in Stoke.....

It's great to belong..

DC
Do it right, do it once................

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 April 2007, 00:03:51 »

Thanks again though

Here, Here..  Great bunch on here, not even met any of them yet, appart from Erratic in Stoke.....

It's great to belong..

DC

Well said dave, couldn't agree more.
With regard to the cambelt, I am in the process of doing mine with the assistance of the dvd - well worth having.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 April 2007, 04:55:23 »

Ok, ok, Sorrrrrrryyyyyyyy!

Please, please do not think I have intentionally not replied mate, I've just been really hectic. Joys of shift work etc. Nothing personal :)

I have now replied to your email... I was under the impression you were in London... but obviously being in Bristol, it makes things MUCH easier!

I'm sure we can sort something out over the next couple of weeks, now I know you're in Bristol! Now my Elite is roadworthy, I will have a bit of personal time free now :)

Have you got all the bits? Might as still get it done, while I'm hogging Jaime's cambelt kit  ::)

Check your email :)

realboss7669

• Bristol, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 April 2007, 15:49:15 »

I will drop you an email bud, and seriously no offence taken at all; I know how hectic life can be! :y

Thanks all of you 8-)
Cars:
Porsche 924 Carrera GT

Honda VTR1000 SP2
BMW GS1150Adventure
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.