Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: aux drive belt  (Read 720 times)

chelskifl

• chertsey
  • Yaba Daba Do Omega I Luv U
    • View Profile
aux drive belt
« on: 25 June 2007, 18:43:48 »

i have just brought a new aux drive belt for my v6 elite estate.. is it quit easy to fit.. any instructions would be much appree..  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: aux drive belt
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2007, 19:18:22 »

Yes, if you have cambelt dvd, that shows you. If you don't, make a note of how the belt goes, that put a (15mm?) spanner on the tensioner (top left) and attempt to do it up - this will be against a spring and will release tension on the belt. Refit is reverse. Don't trap your fingers, it will hurt!
Grumpy old man

chelskifl

• chertsey
  • Yaba Daba Do Omega I Luv U
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 June 2007, 19:32:00 »

nice one...  i will try later when it stops bl--dy raining.. it would be a nice country if it had a roof on hahaha  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 June 2007, 12:00:17 »

Chelskifl - I have just done mine. I found it a bit fiddly as you have to remove a pipe across the front of the engine behind the multi ram tubes. Just take the top black tubing part of the multi rams off and put some clean rag in the holes to stop tools or foreign objects getting in. There is an air con pipe that needs to be undone at its holding clamp (8 or possibly a 10 mm Torx head). Then you can get the belt off.

You don't have to disturb the contents of the air con piping!

I found the "Vauxhall pipe clips" a swine. No doubt they are easy with the proper tool. I used pliers and wore thin gloves, they save scraped knuckles!

like the Boy says make a note of where the belt goes - I did a diagram. From memory it is a 15 mm socket or better a ring spanner to release the tension on the tensioner.

olive
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.