Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: birth of forum  (Read 2138 times)

amigov6

Re: birth of forum
« Reply #15 on: 23 September 2007, 22:21:22 »

OOF was created around a year ago when a number of like minded people decided to group together to produce a place where other Omega owners could get correct information, at no cost, to allow them to keep their cars running correctly without paying dealer prices and have a laugh and a bit of mature banter at the same time.  The exact ins and outs of its origins and history has no relevance to where we are today.  Suffice to say the forum has grown significantly into a community due to the strength and quality of its members.

Personally, I have no knowledge of how to create such a forum.  I simply assist where I can to keep it going, as do others.  A web search may provide a ready answer to your questions on forum creation if you need it on the hurry up!!
:DI do'nt know how to do that yellow highlighting thing like some of you clever beggars but i do enjoy the "immature banter"!!! 8-)

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #16 on: 23 September 2007, 22:35:08 »

OOF was created around a year ago when a number of like minded people decided to group together to produce a place where other Omega owners could get correct information, at no cost, to allow them to keep their cars running correctly without paying dealer prices and have a laugh and a bit of mature banter at the same time.  The exact ins and outs of its origins and history has no relevance to where we are today.  Suffice to say the forum has grown significantly into a community due to the strength and quality of its members.

Personally, I have no knowledge of how to create such a forum.  I simply assist where I can to keep it going, as do others.  A web search may provide a ready answer to your questions on forum creation if you need it on the hurry up!!
:DI do'nt know how to do that yellow highlighting thing like some of you clever beggars but i do enjoy the "immature banter"!!! 8-)

Use the Hilighter - YaBBC Tags, 2nd row 5th button from left - H
Put 1st tag to left of highlighting and 2nd tag to right to close.

Edit: Hit quote button & u will see how its done
« Last Edit: 23 September 2007, 22:36:24 by dbug »
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

spurno

• torquay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 September 2007, 12:51:43 »

Personally, I have no knowledge of how to create such a forum.  I simply assist where I can to keep it going, as do others. A web search may provide a ready answer to your questions on forum creation if you need it on the hurry up!!
[/highlight]thanks guys.just interested in how this one got going.don't want to start my own.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.