Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upgrades r a bit sparse???  (Read 1091 times)

maddy

• derby
    • View Profile
upgrades r a bit sparse???
« on: 29 July 2007, 18:32:26 »

hi all just got myself a 3.0 elite and am braceing myself for cost of getting it up to standerd?? so im really looking for body upgrades. ive allready had the bad news of irmscher prices and the fact that they do not produce much for the omega anymore. is there any other company that will provide a subitle kit for the omega. and also how can i get rid of the black plastic door moulds which circle the car could i fit a colour coded set from a earlyer model omega or is it a case of somthing else.....would really appreceate any help anybody could give me.....cheers matt

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
Re: upgrades r a bit sparse???
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2007, 19:34:14 »

later facelift body mouldings are a direct fit in place of the black. these would need to painted to your colour.as for body kits steinmetz do some for the omega if thats what floats your boat.Personally i think the car looks good as it is.lowering makes all the diff but dont go lower than 25/30mm or the car will handle crap.
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 July 2007, 20:24:36 »

You bought it then?
I like red cars

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2007, 20:45:56 »

Hope matt does not live to regret buying it.still, we will help him to the best of our abillity. :y
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2007, 05:59:49 »

hi all just got myself a 3.0 elite and am braceing myself for cost of getting it up to standerd?? so im really looking for body upgrades. ive allready had the bad news of irmscher prices and the fact that they do not produce much for the omega anymore. is there any other company that will provide a subitle kit for the omega. and also how can i get rid of the black plastic door moulds which circle the car could i fit a colour coded set from a earlyer model omega or is it a case of somthing else.....would really appreceate any help anybody could give me.....cheers matt

Steinmetz, is the other alternative, but looking at their site, looks like there bits are getting sparse for the meega also :(........  http://steinmetzdirect.com/products.asp?model=15

maddy

• derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 July 2007, 10:18:17 »

yes ive made a huge leap of fath and gone a bought car pick it up friday. will post a couple of picks.. just dusting of my checkbook think im gona need it????

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 July 2007, 13:19:33 »

Please, Please, get the cam belt and rollers done as a matter of urgency, do not trust that because he said he had done the belt that it is correct or correctly installed. :o
Jaguar XJ6

maddy

• derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 July 2007, 13:57:43 »

yes just ringing around for best quote on genuine vaxhall cambelt and rollers and tenshones.  looking aroung £300 at moment any ideas on price i should be aming for?

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 July 2007, 17:29:16 »

The kit would cost about 90 quid trade club (you probably want to change the water pump at the same time £25 or so).    You can do it yourself although you will need access to a timing kit (borrow or hire from Autovaux - they also sell decent belt/tensioner kits).  

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 July 2007, 20:18:36 »

yes just ringing around for best quote on genuine vaxhall cambelt and rollers and tenshones.  looking aroung £300 at moment any ideas on price i should be aming for?
I suspect our local Derby admin would do a better job, much cheaper ;)
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.