Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Shell V Power 99 RON or Tesco 95 RON?  (Read 1805 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Shell V Power 99 RON or Tesco 95 RON?
« on: 24 September 2007, 19:49:48 »

Please make a selection and vote for what you would use in your car.

Not really interested in starting a debate about what's best (has been covered before) - but I'm interested in counting the votes :y

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
Re: Shell V Power 99 RON or Tesco 95 RON?
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2007, 19:51:40 »

Please make a selection and vote for what you would use in your car.

Not really interested in starting a debate about what's best (has been covered before) - but I'm interested in counting the votes :y

Never used either so not really able to vote, as always use BP :-/

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2007, 19:57:01 »

I'll not vote as I now have an "odd" strategy .... :(

For long runs especially towing the mobile road block ... Shell V @ 101.9p/ltre ... definitly better performance AND MPG.. reckon that is up by far more than the extra cost, on the last long run (solo) I got 36+ mpg without pretending to be a snail - average speed 75 ish .... if you follow !!

Commuting/round town I'm using Sainsbury's 95 @ 92.9/ltre ( less when SWMBO gets the discount vouchers !!) as the mpg is always around 18-22 whatever happens.

2.7 p's worth (inc VAT)
« Last Edit: 24 September 2007, 19:57:36 by entwood »

Martin_1962

« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2007, 20:14:23 »

Well since I have worked out my car goes better on LPG than Tesco petrol I'm sticking with the decent stuff

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2007, 20:15:13 »

bit of both for me but have voted for the more prominant use...
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 September 2007, 20:16:13 »

I use Asda 95 RON 'cos I can't tell the difference anyway  :-/
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 September 2007, 20:18:34 »

I'm more impressed with BP Ultimate that Shell's hihj octane stuff...
Grumpy old man

Martin_1962

« Reply #7 on: 24 September 2007, 20:22:36 »

I'm more impressed with BP Ultimate that Shell's hihj octane stuff...

I haven't found Shells recently - my nearest became a BP. And at that SS I like to confuse them ;D ;D ;D ;D

This tank of Tesco 97 has been pretty useless, back to BP expensive stuff again soon.

ricardo1500

• Wolverhampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 September 2007, 20:23:06 »

If the difference is as noticable as you all say then i,m gonna try some......but have voted for what I use now!!

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 September 2007, 20:36:17 »

Thought it may be of interest to post a reply I made to the 'Shell Optimax' thread about a month ago.

...... Filled up with Shell Optimax a week ago and then again with Shell V-Power on Friday. Not to surprising there, cost me an arm and a leg at 106.9p per litre.

Just drove back from my Mum's in Bristol to Cornwall. Kept the cruise control on all the way at 70mph except for the short section that is not dual carriageway when I dropped to 60mph. Including the 3 miles onto the M5 at Bristol and the 4 miles from the A30 to home I averaged 38.9 mpg and used only 4.2 gallons over the 164 miles door to door. This means total cost of £20.40 for the run.

Compare this to the run when I use Tesco petrol when I usually get 32 mpg on the same run. At 91.9p per litre that would cost £21.40. I know this is not a huge saving but I feel that the benefit of using a premium fuel must add something to the equation.

I would be interested to see if anyone has the same experience.

Still using Shell but the MPG seems to have dropped off a bit lately and am now struggling to get 30 mpg although this is all lowish speed and on some fairly hilly terrain.
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 September 2007, 20:37:39 »

Thought it may be of interest to post a reply I made to the 'Shell Optimax' thread about a month ago.

...... Filled up with Shell Optimax a week ago and then again with Shell V-Power on Friday. Not to surprising there, cost me an arm and a leg at 106.9p per litre.

Just drove back from my Mum's in Bristol to Cornwall. Kept the cruise control on all the way at 70mph except for the short section that is not dual carriageway when I dropped to 60mph. Including the 3 miles onto the M5 at Bristol and the 4 miles from the A30 to home I averaged 38.9 mpg and used only 4.2 gallons over the 164 miles door to door. This means total cost of £20.40 for the run.

Compare this to the run when I use Tesco petrol when I usually get 32 mpg on the same run. At 91.9p per litre that would cost £21.40. I know this is not a huge saving but I feel that the benefit of using a premium fuel must add something to the equation.

Still using Shell but the MPG seems to have dropped off a bit lately and am now struggling to get 30 mpg although this is all lowish speed and on some fairly hilly terrain.

Did you remember to take the hand brake off   :D
Is the world ready for me..

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 September 2007, 20:39:57 »

What's a hand brake? Is that like a clutch? My dad told me about those, they used to have them in the olden days. ;)

geoff

• thornaby,stockton on tees
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 September 2007, 20:41:39 »

i have used bp's super unleaded and to say it more expensive,but found get better mpg figures,only use bp's fuel,i never use cheap supermarket find i get less mpg :y :y :y

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 September 2007, 20:46:18 »

What's a hand brake? Is that like a clutch? My dad told me about those, they used to have them in the olden days. ;)

I forgot..You have a bit of rope with an anchor on in Cornwall dont you.. ;D
Is the world ready for me..

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 September 2007, 21:06:51 »

I forgot..You have a bit of rope with an anchor on in Cornwall dont you.. ;D

It's called a sheet not a rope! Don't you welsh boys know anything? And, my sheet brake works very well thank you!   ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.