Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EGR PIPE PROBLEMS  (Read 649 times)

Don9247

• Mottingham
    • View Profile
EGR PIPE PROBLEMS
« on: 03 November 2007, 22:18:31 »

Hi  Guys i have a little query, I have a 2.5 meega as u know manual petrol, on the left hand side of the engine to the side of the airbox running parralell with the water pipe you have an goldy colour egr pipe (i think its egr) now towards the front of the engine this pipe splits into 2 and is connecter by a rubber hose now on mine it got a hole and was blowing and i replaced it with some equivilent sized thikness looking water pipe now this also blew withen a week and the inside looke kind off corroded now does anyone know where i what sort of pipe i need for this,

thanks guys

stevejones

• Wigan
  • God loves a trier!
    • View Profile
Re: EGR PIPE PROBLEMS
« Reply #1 on: 04 November 2007, 17:36:36 »

Hi - this sounds like the problem I had a few months back. I can't recognise your description of the pipe that is blowing, but if it's about 3" long it could be the breather that allows hot gasses to escape into the exhaust. If either side of the exhaust is blocked, the hot gasses back up and the pipe is the weakest point. If it IS that pipe, you should have one either side of the engine towards the front. Suggest you search 'exploding pipes' for more info. The only solution seems to be to check your exhaust for a blockage - I had a middle section and cat fitted and it sorted it straight away.

Good luck.

Steve

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 November 2007, 18:55:07 »

Hi  Guys i have a little query, I have a 2.5 meega as u know manual petrol, on the left hand side of the engine to the side of the airbox running parralell with the water pipe you have an goldy colour egr pipe (i think its egr) now towards the front of the engine this pipe splits into 2 and is connecter by a rubber hose now on mine it got a hole and was blowing and i replaced it with some equivilent sized thikness looking water pipe now this also blew withen a week and the inside looke kind off corroded now does anyone know where i what sort of pipe i need for this,

thanks guys
Sounds like secondary air injection, and sounds as if exhaust could be blocked.
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 November 2007, 13:48:11 »

Yep, secondary air injection pipe, it has some rubber couplings in them.

Sounds liek a blocked centre section or cat on the drivers sdie resulting in hot gases passing through the air injection setup to the other bank....this softens the rubber and hey presto it splits.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.