Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Central locking  (Read 728 times)

mattyboy

• Southampton
    • View Profile
Central locking
« on: 02 March 2008, 17:42:14 »

Probably a common question as i've known a few omega's to do it, but is there any way to reset the central locking? Every now and again the driver's door will lock on the button but not unlock with the remote or it will do it the other way round and then the front passenger door will do the same but not at the same time as the drivers door its as if they take turns to mess me about ;D Its only the 2 front doors the other doors and boot are fine

Matchless

• Omega Knight
  • Nottingham
    • A white van
    • View Profile
Re: Central locking
« Reply #1 on: 02 March 2008, 17:55:18 »

check that the wiring looms are plugged into the doors properly but otherwise its an early warning of lock motor failing.

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 March 2008, 18:03:29 »

We did Paul W's at Telford last week, his was sticking open... door card off, sprat WD40 nor Silicone spray down into the actuator...  the original grease goes hard.. the problem is more evident in colder weather... :y

DC
Do it right, do it once................

mattyboy

• Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 March 2008, 14:16:44 »

We did Paul W's at Telford last week, his was sticking open... door card off, sprat WD40 nor Silicone spray down into the actuator...  the original grease goes hard.. the problem is more evident in colder weather... :y

DC
That is right actually it only seems to happen when its colder coz it did it last winter too. I'll give that a try thanks  :y

mattyboy

• Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 March 2008, 17:34:22 »

Tried davec's idea of spraying wd40 into the locking actuator gave everything a wiggle made sure everything was plugged in but its not playing the game, it will lock with the key but not the remote its both front doors are doing it now, the rear doors and boot are fine they lock with the remote but got to manually lock the 2 front doors  >:( is this 2 new locking motors or something else that i dont know about i throw myself to your wisdom  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.