Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 01 CATERA IN U.S.  (Read 848 times)

lostcatera01

• Bowlus, Minnesota, U.S.A.
    • View Profile
01 CATERA IN U.S.
« on: 30 March 2008, 15:32:47 »

I need some help folks....I purchased an 01 Catera 3.0 v6 and need front bumper cover and a couple head light assemblies. I realy like the looks of the omega vs the catera so what is compatable and how do I get it to the U.S.?  I am thinking of completely re-badging the whole buggy, to honor its cousins over there, and thats what it realy is any ways, so any help/advise would be great!!

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
Re: 01 CATERA IN U.S.
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2008, 15:36:19 »

I dont know what would fit but in terms of getting it over, if its small and you have friends flying over ask them to bring it (as long as its safe)  Otherwise air and sea freight are your options.  There are plenty of carriers to choose from with sea being slow but cheaper and air.... well you get it...

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2008, 15:43:59 »

I need some help folks....I purchased an 01 Catera 3.0 v6 and need front bumper cover and a couple head light assemblies. I realy like the looks of the omega vs the catera so what is compatable and how do I get it to the U.S.?  I am thinking of completely re-badging the whole buggy, to honor its cousins over there, and thats what it realy is any ways, so any help/advise would be great!!

You'll need a European Opel Omega set of headlights as we drive on the correct side of the road in the UK.

Everything else should fit straight on, but be warned that our front bumpers don't have the little side lights in front of the front wheel like yours; ours are behind the front wheels.

There are a couple of members on here from the US who have done much of this already, so try to find "CateraMV6" and a guy called "elvin315".

Have a look at the Map of where they are based in the US as you may find that they are within a reasonable distance from you too. Whilst you're there, add a marker for yourself. (I have sent you the password by PM)

What colour is your Catera by the way? I may be interested in a rear end swap with you depending on your colour.

Oh and welcome :y

lostcatera01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 March 2008, 15:48:15 »

its white, however if you give me color code, i can have done up befor swap.....cousin owns collision center here....
need front worse though is completely missing from car...as for side lights, dont care where they are if everything fits.

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2008, 16:04:36 »

its white, however if you give me color code, i can have done up befor swap.....cousin owns collision center here....
need front worse though is completely missing from car...as for side lights, dont care where they are if everything fits.

You should check your legal situation on lights. I know for example that if our lights were like yours on a UK registered car we would not pass our annual car road test (MOT). However if your cousin owns a collision centre, he'll be able to do what's needed to make you legal.

I'm pretty sure that my colour is 20M/69L,77U: Petrol Met (00-), but I'll need to pop out and check.

The thing is that I'd probably need to get it blended in to my car so have it done over here; and I also have a couple of other plans afoot for it such as smoothing out (getting rid of) that great big brake light.

More details of conversatons thus far are here:

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1199553781/15#19

Let's see where we go on this one as I'm very interested, but I do want to check on practicalities.

Check your PM too. :y
« Last Edit: 30 March 2008, 16:08:03 by Albatross »

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 March 2008, 16:10:37 »

I can source German headlights for you but I am not sure the pattern will be the same as required in USA.

Mine are kind of like this:

Offside -/--  Nearside -//-

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 March 2008, 16:11:59 »

I can source German headlights for you but I am not sure the pattern will be the same as required in USA.

What does that mean?

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 March 2008, 16:15:21 »

How about you post up a couple of images of your car in the gallery as it is so that people know what we're dealing with here? One from the front and another from the rear would be useful. I mean I'm assuming this is what we would call a "facelift", but I'm not sure. If it isn't, and is the older shape, then there is a full front and rear bumper for sale right now on the "Parts for Sale" section that has just come up this afternoon.

lostcatera01

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 March 2008, 16:15:57 »

REALLY what deos that mean??

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 March 2008, 16:18:27 »

What does that mean?
Its the beam kick up/pattern made by the headlights

lostcatera01

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 March 2008, 16:19:44 »

ill post pics, but front is virtually missing!!

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 March 2008, 16:39:15 »

ill post pics, but front is virtually missing!!

That's OK, you can do a "before and after" thread :y

It will give us an idea of what we're up against.

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 April 2008, 09:43:46 »

Hi there,

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1207003544

Maybe you can do a deal with someone and pay for this and get the front end bits you need sent over.

There will be others on here who will want other bits I'm sure. The hurdle for you is finding someone who wants enough of the rest of it to store, strip and eventually dump what's left.

Of course they'd need to agree that you can have the bits you want and to send them to you too, but it's a possibility :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.