Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Elite doesn't seem to have the omph anymore :(  (Read 939 times)

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
The Elite doesn't seem to have the omph anymore :(
« on: 30 April 2008, 19:18:10 »

As above there seems to be some form of lack of power in the beast ever since I hit the tail pipe on a kerb. Yes I know should have been more careful BUT whilst backing into a space at home I forgot the dip by the kerb and ssssccccrrrrraaaaapppppe!! whoops I have hit the kerb now the pipe rattles underneath. Would this cause lack of power or could it be something else? Plugs have been changed to the bosch super four, leads haven't yet but it just seems as if the plenums aren't happening as well. Any help?

Paul :y
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: The Elite doesn't seem to have the omph anymore :(
« Reply #1 on: 30 April 2008, 19:21:49 »

As above there seems to be some form of lack of power in the beast ever since I hit the tail pipe on a kerb. Yes I know should have been more careful BUT whilst backing into a space at home I forgot the dip by the kerb and ssssccccrrrrraaaaapppppe!! whoops I have hit the kerb now the pipe rattles underneath. Would this cause lack of power or could it be something else? Plugs have been changed to the bosch super four, leads haven't yet but it just seems as if the plenums aren't happening as well. Any help?

hard enough to damage what holds wadding in place?
Grumpy old man

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 April 2008, 19:30:32 »

hard enough to damage what holds wadding in place?

The outer casing of the tail pipe and silencer?

Paul  :y

Dazzler

• Omega Baron
  • Haverhill, Suffolk
  • Drive it like you stole it......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2008, 20:17:38 »

If you have damaged the pipe enough to now cause a slight blockage then this could well be your problem ;)
Big jobbies now finished.....Now running on LPG

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2008, 20:40:09 »

If you have damaged the pipe enough to now cause a slight blockage then this could well be your problem ;)

Most definately. Many years SWMBO did the same to my Cav Coupe, only she hit the kerb hard enough to collapse the exhaust pipe as it curved up & over the rear axle. I was at sea at the time so she kept schtum until I drove it & she had to confess.  ;)  :y

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2008, 22:31:22 »

Well it does seem to be a bit noisey since I did it and knocking on the chassis. Looks like I need to replace the back box then. If so I will get one from work until the dosh is a bit better. It will be a pattern one for now until I can get one from vx, but it will do.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 April 2008, 22:34:48 »

Might sound daft .. but try taking the back box off and see if the performance returns ....  proves the point .. :)

I had slightly similar with the old beast .. went very sluggish .. found a load of "wadding" like wirewool coming out of the exhaust ... took the back box of .. performance returned ( tad noisy !!) so a new back box later ... and all was well :)

MarkG

• Northwich, Cheshire
  • "An Omega? Been a while since I saw one of those!"
    • 2000 CD 2.5 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 April 2008, 22:57:03 »

Consider getting a 2nd hand back box from a breaker.  I got a complete genuine Vx exhaust from a really quite nice looking MV6 cop car for just £45 to replace the crappy pattern one I have lived with for nearly a year. Amazing difference. Sadly, loads of Migs are being scrapped these days over relatively minor body damage so you should be able to find one with a genuine Vx exhaust somewhere.

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 April 2008, 22:59:31 »

Ah yeah but I work for a motor factors so will get it cheap anyway. £32.90 all in which isn't bad I suppose.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.