Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New exhaust advice V6 Elite 3.0i  (Read 2723 times)

markrl

• Intermediate Member
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: New exhaust advice V6 Elite 3.0i
« Reply #45 on: 06 July 2008, 00:52:15 »

[/quote]

I am pleased to say that is not the case, providing you have your vehicle tested within one month of your current MOT expiring, as any time left on it (for up to the month) is added to the new MOT. Therefore this new MOT will cover you for the next 12 months, plus any 'unused' time left on the old MOT. :y :y :y

Also all of us should remember that a MOT only covers you for the condition of the vehicle found to be the case on the actual day of the test.  Any subsequent failure / wear of a part that takes place, even the day after the MOT, and causes the vehicle to be deemed  "unroadworthy", results in the use of the said vehicle to be in contrevention of the Road Traffic Act and you are then liable to prosecution.  Thus no matter how long the MOT or not, it is the actual roadworthiness of the vehicle that overrides it at any time. :y

[/quote]

Absolutely correct  :)

BTW I believe there is another exemption to driving following an MOT failure not so far metioned. Taking the vehicle to a breakers yard for the purpose of scrapping  :y

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
Re: New exhaust advice V6 Elite 3.0i
« Reply #46 on: 06 July 2008, 10:44:41 »

I dont think that the breakers trip is correct...as you dont pre book it therefore cant prove thats what your doing if you get stopped on the way...
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.