Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Leather Interior fitting  (Read 2893 times)

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
Leather Interior fitting
« on: 01 August 2006, 22:29:27 »

Finally got my hands on a nice black leather set, currently sitting at home.

Have checked under all the door strips for connectors and the drivers one is missing  >:(

Have checked the passenger and rear seats and they look to be not a problem.

The car it came from already had the loom in place but it looks to be missing on mine.

I managed to get all the connectors + loom for the drivers seat so should be a case of using jointers for fitting.

The guy I bought them from tested them before they were removed so all good  :)

When I took them from the car the guy said to enable them to work they just need a live feed and earth does this sound right.

Shall be beginning to fit them tomorrow so should be fun.

Looking at the looms I have the main power is from the thicker red and brown cables in the main loom that runs to the rear of the car.

If anyone has any tips it would be most appreciated.
« Last Edit: 01 August 2006, 22:29:46 by nixoro »

ANDY8

• FAR FAR AWAY
  • V6 POWER
    • View Profile
Re: Leather Interior fitting
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2006, 22:48:00 »

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 August 2006, 22:50:01 »

Cheers Andy8 for the picture.

Fortunately I have the proper connector its just a case of wiring into the main loom that runs down the drivers side of the car.

Just hope its doable.
« Last Edit: 01 August 2006, 22:52:19 by nixoro »

ANDY8

• FAR FAR AWAY
  • V6 POWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 August 2006, 22:53:43 »

Easy peasy mate,  Just connect the wires as in the picture and i gaurantee it will work.

Liam

• Intermediate Member
  • Da Ghetto, Kempston Rural, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 August 2006, 22:55:08 »

Hi there,

Could you just clarify a few things?  Do you mean you can't find any connectors under the drivers seat, or you are trying to fit memory seats and just can't find the rectangle 20 pin connector that is exclusive to the driver's seat?

If it's the latter then you will indeed not find that connector there as it's only in elites and is for the connections out to the memory mirrors.  You should have the power and heating 2 pin plugs there definately.  Isn't your existing seat electric up/down?

To get the drivers seat to work (complete with memory) you just need to power up the memory box under the seat.  There is a diagram floating about showing the connections which you can make from the existing electric up/down 12v feed.  Someone might post it...

I'm not far from you being in bedford so could maybe help you out if you get stuck...

liam

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 August 2006, 22:56:43 »

Easy peasy mate,  Just connect the wires as in the picture and i gaurantee it will work.

Cheers for that shall print off for tomorrow.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 August 2006, 23:06:42 »

Hi there,

Could you just clarify a few things?  Do you mean you can't find any connectors under the drivers seat, or you are trying to fit memory seats and just can't find the rectangle 20 pin connector that is exclusive to the driver's seat?

If it's the latter then you will indeed not find that connector there as it's only in elites and is for the connections out to the memory mirrors.  You should have the power and heating 2 pin plugs there definately.  Isn't your existing seat electric up/down?

To get the drivers seat to work (complete with memory) you just need to power up the memory box under the seat.  There is a diagram floating about showing the connections which you can make from the existing electric up/down 12v feed.  Someone might post it...

I'm not far from you being in bedford so could maybe help you out if you get stuck...

liam

Cheers for the response Liam

The Drivers seat I was able to get both connectors for the box the only trouble is mine doesn't have the loom already in place so going to have to custom fit the bit of loom and connector into the loom that runs down the side of the drivers side to get power to the box.

Cheers for the offer of help I may take you up on your offer, shall see how it goes tomorrow.

Roy :)

Liam

• Intermediate Member
  • Da Ghetto, Kempston Rural, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2006, 23:25:13 »

You shouldn't need to delve into the wiring running up the side of the car.  I'm still not sure what your exact situation is though.  Were your old seats electric up/down and/or heated?  Even if they weren't you ought to have the wiring for that in place.  At least two thick wired 2-pin plugs probably on a big plastic bracket.  In fact you say this is present for the passenger seat so it must be there somewhere for the drivers seat.  One of these is 12V feed for the motor(s) (with door open or ignition on I believe - or is it permanent?) and the other one is 12V when the heat is switched on.  This is all the wiring you need.  Just tap off the permanent/ignition 12V feed at the seat plug and extend it to the relevent pins of the memory box as in the diagram.

Liam

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 August 2006, 23:34:35 »

You shouldn't need to delve into the wiring running up the side of the car.  I'm still not sure what your exact situation is though.  Were your old seats electric up/down and/or heated?  Even if they weren't you ought to have the wiring for that in place.  At least two thick wired 2-pin plugs probably on a big plastic bracket.  In fact you say this is present for the passenger seat so it must be there somewhere for the drivers seat.  One of these is 12V feed for the motor(s) (with door open or ignition on I believe - or is it permanent?) and the other one is 12V when the heat is switched on.  This is all the wiring you need.  Just tap off the permanent/ignition 12V feed at the seat plug and extend it to the relevent pins of the memory box as in the diagram.

Liam

Ok I thought the piece of loom and connector would need wiring to the loom. You make it sound easy.

My old seats are heated up down standard cd spec.

Cheers for the quick response

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 August 2006, 07:05:02 »

If you could take some pictures as you progress, and write up a 'How To', I'm sure it would be appreciated.
I like red cars

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 August 2006, 13:54:26 »

Well finally got my seats fitted easy peasy job in the end I used a nylon connector and the original live and earth for the memory seat all electrics up down memory etc all work, trouble is I need to sort out why the heated seats are not playing ball, the seats were tested prior to removal and all were working but in mine they are not working. >:( my girlfriend thinks her seat works as the seats do get hot trouble is not sure whether this is just body heat.

Possible relay fault or could it be another tech2 job to enable them, has anyone had this before.
« Last Edit: 05 August 2006, 13:55:02 by nixoro »

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 August 2006, 13:56:56 »

As I had the proper connector I was able to wire it in.

The picture shows what goes where and this is what I followed.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 August 2006, 09:26:38 »

Well finally got my seats fitted easy peasy job in the end I used a nylon connector and the original live and earth for the memory seat all electrics up down memory etc all work, trouble is I need to sort out why the heated seats are not playing ball, the seats were tested prior to removal and all were working but in mine they are not working. >:( my girlfriend thinks her seat works as the seats do get hot trouble is not sure whether this is just body heat.

Possible relay fault or could it be another tech2 job to enable them, has anyone had this before.

Could this be a tech2 job or a possible relay fault.

Went out at the weekend and was picked up by my dad in my car sat in the back and the rear seat seemed to get pretty hot, need to do further testing, re-check connections etc.

The guy I bought the seats from still has the original relays so shall be trying this in due course.

Any Ideas would be most appreciated
Roy

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 August 2006, 09:28:26 »

If you could take some pictures as you progress, and write up a 'How To', I'm sure it would be appreciated.

I shall be writing up a How2 guide eventually just want to get everything working properly first.

I unfortunately didn't take any piccy's but I am sure I can knock together something to show what needs to be done. (Paint created pictures)

doog

• Omega Knight
  • Alloa Central Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 October 2008, 14:01:21 »

Hi
can anyone provide a little more input on how to fit elite seats into a non elite car

can i put the battery back on to find the power cables with a multi meter without upsetting the airbags or ecu?

Doug
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for
me at kick boxing
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.