Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: couple of issues with my cdx  (Read 638 times)

vauxmad

• Oswestry, Shropshire
    • View Profile
couple of issues with my cdx
« on: 15 December 2008, 22:55:45 »

first as its damn cold the heated front seats ( i am sure this has been asked millions of times) my car came with the velour trim and after a while both front heated seats stopped working, didn't think much of it as i was going to bung some leather in. which i did from an r reg car (mine is t) and niether front seats are working on these either seams odd to me as i can't rind a fuse blown and the rears work fine!!

secondly the car seams to want to decide its own idle speed, when its just started idles fine at about 900rpm but then drops after a min to 400-600 rpm. i have unplugged the idle speed valve before now and it will then idle fine??? does that mean its goosed?

cheers

vauxfan2k

• Omega Knight
  • Western Isles
    • View Profile
Re: couple of issues with my cdx
« Reply #1 on: 15 December 2008, 22:58:03 »

400-600 is the norm when at normal operating temp, runs higher from cold due to auto choke.  ;)
« Last Edit: 15 December 2008, 22:58:15 by Vauxfan2k »

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 December 2008, 23:01:18 »

first as its damn cold the heated front seats ( i am sure this has been asked millions of times) my car came with the velour trim and after a while both front heated seats stopped working, didn't think much of it as i was going to bung some leather in. which i did from an r reg car (mine is t) and niether front seats are working on these either seams odd to me as i can't rind a fuse blown and the rears work fine!!

secondly the car seams to want to decide its own idle speed, when its just started idles fine at about 900rpm but then drops after a min to 400-600 rpm. i have unplugged the idle speed valve before now and it will then idle fine??? does that mean its goosed?

cheers

The front seats do tend to stop working owing to the heat pads, think you can get them... bit of a pain in the arse to do, never done them on a car though being honest.
As for the idle give the idle control valve (ICV) a clean out mate with some carb cleaner see if that helps  :y
V6 should tick over at 500rpm, 600rpm ish with air con on  :y
« Last Edit: 15 December 2008, 23:07:00 by Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

vauxmad

• Oswestry, Shropshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 December 2008, 12:16:36 »

i have never had a car idle at less than 900 before enev with the air con on??? but it shakes the car around while its idleing and sounds like its about to stall as if running wacky cams and it has shaken both cats to pieces so they now make an awful noise but i need to sort the idle out first before replacing them
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 17 queries.