Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.5 v6 DIED  (Read 699 times)

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
2.5 v6 DIED
« on: 17 December 2008, 10:44:31 »

As above but this is a friends car, I will try to get them on here and join up. Whats happened is where he lives they had floods but his car wasn't submerged. What had happened was a tidal wave from a lorry therefore water went up into the air intake.
My question is would it be worth repair and sorting out as the insurance company have written the car off, or buying another Omega?

Paul  :y
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

Kieran

• Dorset
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5 v6 DIED
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2008, 10:51:56 »

If the car has been written off thru flood damage then i think it will be difficult to get the car back on the road because the re licensing thru DVLA could be difficult but not 100% sure. Apparently it is due to contamination in the carpets etc from flood water which is impossible to remove completely :-/

Hope this helps

feeutfo

« Reply #2 on: 17 December 2008, 13:09:24 »

As above but this is a friends car, I will try to get them on here and join up. Whats happened is where he lives they had floods but his car wasn't submerged. What had happened was a tidal wave from a lorry therefore water went up into the air intake.
My question is would it be worth repair and sorting out as the insurance company have written the car off, or buying another Omega?

May be able to buy the wreck back and do the best you cam with it, used to be able to do that but scrap prices have gone through the roof so may not be viable now. Do you know the figures involved?

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2008, 13:27:41 »

One of the issues that was raised over flood damage was that their could be health risks with flood water (think sewage).

Seems unfortunate that the car will be written off in the same way as a fully submerged / recovered vehicle would be.

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 December 2008, 13:36:13 »

May be able to buy the wreck back and do the best you cam with it, used to be able to do that but scrap prices have gone through the roof so may not be viable now. Do you know the figures involved?

scrap prices have dropped massively chris now is the time to be buying back !!  :y

if its taken water into engine it probly be knackered ! bent rods and valves  :o :o

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #5 on: 17 December 2008, 15:34:35 »

scrap prices have dropped massively chris now is the time to be buying back !!  :y

if its taken water into engine it probly be knackered ! bent rods and valves  :o :o

But was the engine running at the time, or has somebody since tried to start it? :-? :-?

If it was not actually running, which is not clear, the engine may be OK, just needing some drying out! 8-) 8-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.