Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Export business opportunity?!  (Read 1950 times)

cem_devecioglu

Re: Omega Export business opportunity?!
« Reply #15 on: 10 November 2007, 23:25:35 »

Wonder if a conversion to LHD would be feasable?

yep..is it easy to do and feasible ?
If your country only allows import by a foreign national, what happens if the foreign national wants to sell the car to someone from Turkey, is that allowed?

sales are allowed from foreign to foreign for non-Turkish plates. For converting to Turkish plate, car must be new and having a valid sale paper and + you need pay high tax

over 2 liters engine luxury tax class nearly %100   >:(
So I couldn't import a car and then sell it to you?

The only way to sell me is 0 KM-Mile car for Now ..And me paying this crazy tax..Or necessary car going out the country every 6 months with a foreign plate ..May be will change after..
« Last Edit: 10 November 2007, 23:26:01 by cem_devecioglu »

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 November 2007, 23:29:24 »

Might be a light at the end of the tunnel for you there then hopefully.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 November 2007, 23:30:15 »

What difference does it make if the car is a gift?

And, at some future time (5 minutes??) you gift a sum of money to the sellers bank account??   ::)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #18 on: 10 November 2007, 23:33:06 »

I believe this will change within 1-2 years..EU laws start to become standards here mostly.Sooner or later this needs to be changed..Waiting ::)

its really ridiculous to buy a fiat uno here for the price of a mercedes in UK..

« Last Edit: 10 November 2007, 23:34:51 by cem_devecioglu »

Martin_1962

« Reply #19 on: 11 November 2007, 10:44:17 »

If your country only allows import by a foreign national, what happens if the foreign national wants to sell the car to someone from Turkey, is that allowed?

sales are allowed from foreign to foreign for non-Turkish plates. For converting to Turkish plate, car must be new and having a valid sale paper and + you need pay high tax

So you have to hope you get accepted into the EU

Crazydad

• Omega Baron
  • Germany
    • 2.5 V6 facelift
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 November 2007, 10:47:13 »

I think the Turkish Government needs to face a few Human rites issues before that happens :-?
« Last Edit: 11 November 2007, 10:47:35 by Crazydad »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #21 on: 11 November 2007, 11:31:07 »

Personally I dont have any hope for that..But as for agreements they change the laws according to EU..

One important point to note most of these laws are logical and suitable except some !!  Middle east is one piece of a hell place that if you start giving flowers to your enemy you end up in a smiling picture in a grave.. :)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #22 on: 11 November 2007, 11:37:21 »

I think the Turkish Government needs to face a few Human rites issues before that happens :-?

Wish one day you come in my country , be my guest ,spend some time here and decide again with your own eyes.. ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11 November 2007, 12:31:17 »

Well some useful dialogue.

I had hoped that Patryk or one of our other Polish members might have an input on the subject. In particular any transfer taxes that might be payable or other hidden costs.

Sircrazydad. I seemed to remember you taking umbridge before on my reference to transfer tax as opposed to import tax. It is a fact that if you buy or sell a car in Spain then each party pays the government a handsome tax. It is split into two parts the buyer for example pays about 7% of its government book value part goes to the state and part to the local county council. Now if you import a car you have to pay to have a Spanish V5 after a comprehensive vehicle inspection and then an MOT. That all comes to about £100. If you are resident then you are deemed to be buying the car so pay transfer tax. the only way to avoid it is if you owned the car for six months min before and you are applying for Residence in Spain and at the same time you are bringing your car with you.  There shouldn't be any import tax to pay when a car is moved to another EU country.

When you read in the papers of East European Countries wanting to join the EU this is just one of the many issues that have to be addressed before membership is allowed.

So how much would it cost to convert to LHD?

Personally I don't see RHD being an issue except at toll barriers and heavy motorway traffic slip roads.

varche

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 17 queries.