Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tractor pipe help pls!  (Read 1152 times)

stuy112

• York
    • View Profile
tractor pipe help pls!
« on: 09 January 2009, 14:58:23 »

Noticed the other day whilst I was tracing (another) diesel leak that I have a loose pipe, think its a vacuum pipe rather than a breather, and its obviously been connected to sommat at some stage.

The pipe connects to bottom of the siver thingy circled. Where does/should the other end go to?

:y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: tractor pipe help pls!
« Reply #1 on: 09 January 2009, 15:06:42 »

Circled part is EGR.  Some EGRs have a single pipe (vac, as its vac operated), others have 2 - one being a vac, other being vented via a short piece of tube to under car.
Grumpy old man

stuy112

• York
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 January 2009, 15:12:21 »

Mine has one I think, I'll go and check. Its not connected to anything, but the free end of the pipe looks like it was connected to something at some point

stuy112

• York
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 January 2009, 15:18:32 »

Yep there is just the one pipe, to give you an idea of its length, the loose end is currently sat next to the power steering fluid cap

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 January 2009, 15:26:14 »

yes, that pushes on the egr vac actuator which is one of those actuators around PAS bottle
Grumpy old man

stuy112

• York
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 January 2009, 15:28:12 »

Cheers, now I know what area to look at I'll see what I can find and re-attach it!

Thanks again  ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 January 2009, 15:30:31 »

Cheers, now I know what area to look at I'll see what I can find and re-attach it!

Thanks again  ;)
If you can't find it, post back and I'll trace mine over weekend if I get 5 mins
Grumpy old man

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 January 2009, 20:35:56 »

pretty sure it goes to the solenoid valve that is near the power steering reservoir? however would have to check meself to be absolutley sure!!

stuy112

• York
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 January 2009, 01:13:33 »

Found where it came from, well it looks to go there anyway, was next to the pas bottle.

Thanks for your help (again!)

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 January 2009, 02:15:36 »

Thanks again  ;)

Waits for me to arrive and sort it ;D ;D

The pipe had split, and then fallen off the EGR solenoid valve :y

Next will be the diesel leak  ::) Looks like its leaking between the head and the injector itself.  :-/
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 January 2009, 07:44:27 »

Thanks again  ;)

Next will be the diesel leak  ::) Looks like its leaking between the head and the injector itself.  :-/

if its bubbling up the side of the injector  then its injector seal wants replacing basically a copper washer under the injector, you will need a proper injector socket to do the job they are usually kin tight!!!! first one i did had the socket on it then 24in breaker bar then length of scaffold pipe over that , breaker bar i thought was going to snap!! but then there was an almighty crack as it let go, took scaffold off and still couldnt undo it put scaffold back on and had to continue using it till around half of the injector thread was showing!! then it unscrewd by just the breaker bar!!!

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 January 2009, 16:16:44 »

Thanks again  ;)

if its bubbling up the side of the injector  then its injector seal wants replacing basically a copper washer under the injector, you will need a proper injector socket to do the job they are usually kin tight!!!! first one i did had the socket on it then 24in breaker bar then length of scaffold pipe over that , breaker bar i thought was going to snap!! but then there was an almighty crack as it let go, took scaffold off and still couldnt undo it put scaffold back on and had to continue using it till around half of the injector thread was showing!! then it unscrewd by just the breaker bar!!!

Eeek. Are the sockets expensive? Or could we maybe borrow one off anyone who's willing to lend! (pritty please  :P)

Will find a photo of the leak, and you can let me know if it looks like the problem you had. :y
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.