Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuel price protests on BBC news  (Read 3153 times)

Martin_1962

Re: Fuel price protests on BBC news
« Reply #30 on: 12 November 2007, 22:25:49 »

The blockades could be back again

www.transaction-2007.com

I use my wifes little Rover Diesel to travel the country now. I used to use the Omega but that eats into my profit so I keep it so I can use something comfy at weekends. I cant put my prices up or the councils I do work for will just use someone local to them. The Rover is ok for short journeys but is noisy. I will be more than happy to protest and blockade. :(

Join the LPG revolution Pete! :y

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12 November 2007, 23:08:57 »

Why not sign up to their forum. The more that show support, the better chance that there may be some form of action. I have never been an advocate of direct action, I've always been inclined to do that at the ballot box, but as there isn't much prospect of an election in the near future, what alternative is there?

[size=24]        [/size][/b]

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12 November 2007, 23:18:29 »

Why not sign up to their forum. The more that show support, the better chance that there may be some form of action. I have never been an advocate of direct action, I've always been inclined to do that at the ballot box, but as there isn't much prospect of an election in the near future, what alternative is there?

Doesn't matter who's in there, they'll always abuse their position. The motorist is an easy target, to make easy money, to pay for all the opps ups that these people seem to create.  >:(
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12 November 2007, 23:31:30 »

Doesn't matter who's in there, they'll always abuse their position. The motorist is an easy target, to make easy money, to pay for all the opps ups that these people seem to create.  >:(

Agreed, but this time something needs to be done. Living in a rural community means that there is no public transport for many people. Most people rely on their cars for their day to day existence. We rely on hauliers being able to afford to transport goods and when that becomes unaffordable, we will be the ones who have to pay the price.

Smaller hauliers will, and already are, go to the wall leaving the larger companies to carve things up amonst them. This will push prices up to everyone.

If action is not taken as a matter of urgency it will be too late.

razzo

• Omega Knight
  • Crapital
    • 97 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12 November 2007, 23:42:46 »

Bring on the blockades I say.  Yes I know that a lot of people will be inconvenienced, but it is the only option left that will make the government take notice.

They took notice the last time.

A reasonable amount of tax on fuel is OK, but being ripped off is NOT end of story really.

Just my views...

do the Government really give a stuff, as i recall last time this happened  the UK motorist just rolled over as per  :-[
« Last Edit: 12 November 2007, 23:43:24 by razzo »

Nickbat

« Reply #35 on: 12 November 2007, 23:51:45 »

For me, the worst aspect of fuel pricing is the fact that the government charges VAT on the net price + duty. In other words it charges tax on its own tax.  :o

Government by the people for the people? Forget it.  >:(

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 13 November 2007, 00:01:20 »

Bring on the blockades I say.  Yes I know that a lot of people will be inconvenienced, but it is the only option left that will make the government take notice.

A reasonable amount of tax on fuel is OK, but being ripped off is NOT end of story really.

Just my views...

do the Government really give a stuff, as i recall last time this happened  the UK motorist just rolled over as per  :-[

Maybe not at the moment but government's minds can and have be changed. I am one of the least militant people you could ever meet. I have never advocated direct action in my life but enough is enough. We are being ripped off and for what?

Change is in the air.

razzo

• Omega Knight
  • Crapital
    • 97 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 13 November 2007, 00:09:08 »

Just my views...

Maybe not at the moment but government's minds can and have be changed. I am one of the least militant people you could ever meet. I have never advocated direct action in my life but enough is enough. We are being ripped off and for what?

Change is in the air.

Thats two of us then  :y

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 13 November 2007, 00:11:22 »

Just my views...

Change is in the air.

Thats two of us then  :y

Is that enough for the BBC to refer to us as a movement then?  ;D ;D ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 13 November 2007, 00:16:33 »

I thought they were already in force this afternoon as I tried to fill up on my way to work. My local Tesco's filing station was heaving at about 12:30 today.

raximax

• Intermediate Member
  • dundee
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 13 November 2007, 01:04:02 »

we pay high enough fuel prices in this contry we get ripped off at every turn, we are a very small island and what we do will make no diferance at all (NONE) look at America they pay a fraction of what we do for all fuel bills and pay less tax on products. China well they use coal power stations and a lot of them,  look at there open mines they are out of this world and Chineese coumpanys get free fuel from the goverment,one of the reasons we cant compete in busniss.... i have an idea lets all stop using our cars for a week if all oof members do it for a week the goverment will be about £5000000 down that week ,,,,,,or do i use to much fuel..... ;D ;D ;D
mmeeggaa

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 13 November 2007, 02:35:32 »

we pay high enough fuel prices in this contry we get ripped off at every turn, we are a very small island and what we do will make no diferance at all (NONE) look at America they pay a fraction of what we do for all fuel bills and pay less tax on products. China well they use coal power stations and a lot of them,  look at there open mines they are out of this world and Chineese coumpanys get free fuel from the goverment,one of the reasons we cant compete in busniss.... i have an idea lets all stop using our cars for a week if all oof members do it for a week the goverment will be about £5000000 down that week ,,,,,,or do i use to much fuel..... ;D ;D ;D

I have burnt an easy £180 over the last week  >:(  :'(

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13 November 2007, 09:05:10 »

www.transaction-2007.com

I use my wifes little Rover Diesel to travel the country now. I used to use the Omega but that eats into my profit so I keep it so I can use something comfy at weekends. I cant put my prices up or the councils I do work for will just use someone local to them. The Rover is ok for short journeys but is noisy. I will be more than happy to protest and blockade. :(

I intend to Martin, My first Omega was LPG and I converted the Range Rover I had after that. But I can see LPG going the same way as petrol after all look whats happened to Diesel now its become so popular :(
Retired

Martin_1962

« Reply #43 on: 13 November 2007, 11:22:28 »

www.transaction-2007.com

I intend to Martin, My first Omega was LPG and I converted the Range Rover I had after that. But I can see LPG going the same way as petrol after all look whats happened to Diesel now its become so popular :(

Same answer as before - heating gas and transfer pump

stevief

• Aberdeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 13 November 2007, 12:58:25 »

www.transaction-2007.com

Same answer as before - heating gas and transfer pump

It'll be no different to diesel, they can put in tracers to stop you using heating fuel if they deem it necessary.

One oil major is taking the situation seriously and looking back technologically looking at ethanol based fuels (V Power Diesel is a blend) from grain etc, which is sustainable, as Mr Ford intended when he brought out the dual fuel Model T.

Personally have no fears of the oil disapearing in my lifetime but the greed exhibited by the government is beyond reproach especially as they have ensured that it is the only major fossil based fuel industry we have left.

To use public transport costs twice the amount of fuel I use for commuting, busses are so badly maintained you cannot see the back of them for smoke and they take twice as long to get anywhere as well as causing chaos jumping in and out of their bus lanes.

As a motorist you are probably providing the government with more tax pounds that any other private group. Tey need to remember who pays their wages and if the only way to do so is to bring the country to a standstill then it is a case of support it or shut up and stop moaning about it.

Sorry about the rant,

Steve

By the way I'm glad to see that caravaning once again gets negative press in a totally unrelated discussion!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.