Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.0xe redtop lumpy runing ,and revs up and down ,,  (Read 1668 times)

adaptorman

• View Profile
3.0xe redtop lumpy runing ,and revs up and down ,,
« on: 31 January 2009, 21:08:12 »

hi guys bit of a problem ,ive just fitted a xe 3.0 engine from a t reg omega and replaced it with all the redtop injection and sensors ,due to the old 2.5 giveing up with 289,000 on the clock

ill try my best to explain ,starts first cranks ,and runs fine,but if i hold the revs approx 1500/2000rpm the engine is lumpy,unevern ,,ive replaced the idiol control valve,maf.plugs and ht leads,im thinking it may possible be the coilpack evern thow it revs and pulls and 6 clyinders ,its mainly on idiol the problem is occuring,any ideas ,,,
and any ideas if i can adapt a coil pack from a earlyer 2.5 vectra or omega ,i know there a slimer coil pack but these have the same 4pin square plugs as i dont mind make another small bolt on plate ::)
this is the engine and the vechical its in

« Last Edit: 31 January 2009, 21:18:16 by adaptorman »

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
Re: 3.0xe redtop lumpy runing ,and revs up and down ,,
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2009, 21:33:11 »

Not sure if the dispacks changed or just the design of the pack and the plug...might be able to adapt the plug of an older one...

I have a dispack from a 99 2.5 here, but same dispack between the v6 range...
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

adaptorman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 January 2009, 21:54:48 »

Not sure if the dispacks changed or just the design of the pack and the plug...might be able to adapt the plug of an older one...

I have a dispack from a 99 2.5 here, but same dispack between the v6 range...
cheers for the reply pal ,thing is i have the coilpack from a early 3.0 xe which is a square plug but wont spark when i plugged it in evern thow they look identical , so im woundering if the slim type 2.5 vecra ones would work evern thow there off ecotec 2.5/

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 January 2009, 21:58:25 »

The part numbers are the same in the Vauxhall parts book :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

AndyMV6

• Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 January 2009, 22:02:21 »

Now that is incredible! One of the best sleepers ive seen!!!!!!

Imagine being sat on a dual carriage way at 70-80 in your 3.0 elite when suddenly a 19somthing vw flatbed rips past with induction roar that will suck a pidgeon dead at 20ft.

Fantastic, and fair play.............Oh and uhhhhh Try lambda sensors, they do such wierd things when they play up!

adaptorman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 January 2009, 22:20:37 »

Imagine being sat on a dual carriage way at 70-80 in your 3.0 elite when suddenly a 19somthing vw flatbed rips past with induction roar that will suck a pidgeon dead at 20ft.

Fantastic, and fair play.............Oh and uhhhhh Try lambda sensors, they do such wierd things when they play up!
nice one guys ,ill adapt one of these coilpack then as i know these are new ,so that will sort that little problem ,ps uve a point there as mines never been changed and i removed it 2day and it sooty black in colour evern when the vechicals been a 10mile run ,//as i thought these should be white in colour/unless its because ive no cat in mine (not needed for the mot ,,,) yes yes ur pal ,it eats scoobys ,,thats something u carnt really do in a auto omega lmao ,i evern added a lighternd flywheel short ratio 4 speed gearbox which still pulls over 100 in 3rd ,,heres a video ,,dont laugh
http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=rc3ott

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 January 2009, 22:24:18 »

I imagine thats impressive in a straight line ......  but I just wonder how bad it realy is on the windy bits ......  :)

:y :y :y

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 January 2009, 22:25:12 »

Well I timed that as 5.85 seconds from beginning of your foot being rattled to 60 if the speedo is right?? lol

Is that the camera shaking or the van? lol
« Last Edit: 31 January 2009, 22:25:42 by ShieldOfSteel »
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

adaptorman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 January 2009, 22:25:37 »

nice one guys ,ill adapt one of these coilpack then as i know these are new ,so that will sort that little problem ,ps uve a point there as mines never been changed and i removed it 2day and it sooty black in colour evern when the vechicals been a 10mile run ,//as i thought these should be white in colour/unless its because ive no cat in mine (not needed for the mot ,,,) yes yes ur pal ,it eats scoobys ,,thats something u carnt really do in a auto omega lmao ,i evern added a lighternd flywheel short ratio 4 speed gearbox which still pulls over 100 in 3rd ,,heres a video ,,dont laugh
http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=rc3ott
ps ive more sleepers that im doing too lmao,,,,,

adaptorman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 January 2009, 22:27:37 »

I imagine thats impressive in a straight line ......  but I just wonder how bad it realy is on the windy bits ......  :)

well its not really areadymic  lol ,but its safer at a cruseing speed provideing the winds blowing in the other direction  , as i soon found that out lmao

adaptorman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 January 2009, 22:29:30 »

Well I timed that as 5.85 seconds from beginning of your foot being rattled to 60 if the speedo is right?? lol

Is that the camera shaking or the van? lol
yes the speed it right as it matchers the same size dimiter of the wheels ,only thing ,it only reads 80mph ,,,,,as i raced a ex polic t5 volvo estate and left it lmao ,,, ;D
,ps it dose wheelies too lmao

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 January 2009, 22:31:48 »

How much difference does the lightened flywheel and short gearbox make?? And how heavy is the van?

adaptorman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 January 2009, 22:39:08 »

How much difference does the lightened flywheel and short gearbox make?? And how heavy is the van?
unsure tbh honst ,pick weights a ton including the engine ,(borrowed a weight bridge)  with the flywheel ,its really revy,and u have a 1st 30mph 2 ,60mp 3rd 100plus then 4th  unsure my speedo dosent go high enoegh as it hits the back of the 0 again , heres a few pics of the engine ,box and the flywheel

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31 January 2009, 22:43:08 »

well its not really areadymic  lol ,but its safer at a cruseing speed provideing the winds blowing in the other direction  , as i soon found that out lmao

I guess that didn't come across as I mean't ... didn't mean windy as in weather ... I mean't as in lots of corners ..... I don't see the pick up cornering too well .....  :)

adaptorman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31 January 2009, 22:58:45 »

I guess that didn't come across as I mean't ... didn't mean windy as in weather ... I mean't as in lots of corners ..... I don't see the pick up cornering too well .....  :)
opss ur right it isnt but it has its advantages its arsome for power sliding ,,, ;D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.