Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alarm Problems  (Read 1252 times)

pinkfloyd1975

• View Profile
Alarm Problems
« on: 31 March 2009, 22:24:30 »

Hello everyone,

I am having serious issues with my car alarm. It goes off at random times, usually at night. The horn starts blasting out and hazzards flashing. It has got to the point where my neighbours are threatening to get my car towed away.... Cant blame them really. I used to lock the drivers door from the inside then the rest of the car, which does not arm the alarm, but now my central locking is also up the spout and this is no longer an option... Any ideas guys? Is there just a fuse i can pull out to diable the alarm?

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: Alarm Problems
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2009, 22:44:18 »

Either your power sounder is playing up. Look here http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1220198611
Or bonnet switch, engine bay on the right by pas pump :y
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

m1ct

• Intermediate Member
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2009, 22:47:49 »

Your batteries are shot in your power sounder! only way to clear this problem is unplug the sounder that is under the wiper arm drivers side plastic tray, done this on four omega's now, Takes five minutes and your get a good night sleep and the neighbour!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2009, 22:49:35 »

Your batteries are shot in your power sounder! .......

Or ..... as above, the bonnet switch is bent over slightly and not making proper contact with the bonnet.    ;) ;) ;)

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
  • If kicking doesn't work, then hit it with a hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 April 2009, 00:21:08 »

I had same problem. I removed the siren and I have perfect system, less the siren which goes faulty and triggers the rest of the system. When you remove the siren it goes off, apparently this stops after a few mins. I wouldn't know as I drowned mine in a bucket of water and it died in less than 30 secs :y

pinkfloyd1975

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 April 2009, 01:55:31 »

thanks to everyone for the advice, i will give your suggestions a go.... again , thanks for the replies

coco6175

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 April 2009, 21:44:48 »

the same happened to mine alarm kept goimg off at strange times take out power sounder for sure do as i did and smash it with a hammer [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 April 2009, 21:53:33 »

Drowning is better, you can even hear the dying nioses as it loses the will to live  :y

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 April 2009, 00:01:01 »

my bugger went off at 4-00am today >:(, id already disconnected the bonnet switch & i dont have a sounder, it was doing this about a month ago so i changed the battery in case it was a dodgey cell & it has been o,k until this morning, so back to square one for me >:( >:( >:(

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 April 2009, 00:06:11 »

wind your window down, get out, shut the door switch the ignition on and off whilst standing outside the car leaning in through the the open window, remove key from ignition. Now hit the up one close on your electric window. At least you will have a good nights sleep while you resolve your problem. this locks the car with the alarm deactivated  :y :y
« Last Edit: 03 April 2009, 00:06:27 by grahamandnatalie »

big-o-bob

• Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 April 2009, 22:17:40 »

I recently had a problem.  The power sounder (Siren) started occasionally going off, but only as I turned on the ignition.  It was only the power sounder that activated and not the full alarm, as there is also a seperate horn when the alarm normaly goes off.

If you're full alarm is going off (ie Siren and Horn), then I would check the bonnet catch, as already suggested.  

If it's just the siren going off, I would disconnect the power sounder.  When the built in batteries go flat in the power sounder - it starts going off occasionally.  I was quoted £65 for a new power sounder, so I just disconnected it and wrapped the electrical connecter with insulation tape.  I did'nt bother fitting a new one, as the alarm still has a horn anyway.  I've had no problems with the alarm since - just lots of other unrelated problems...

Good luck mate

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 April 2009, 22:22:34 »

I recently had a problem.  The power sounder (Siren) started occasionally going off, but only as I turned on the ignition.  It was only the power sounder that activated and not the full alarm, as there is also a seperate horn when the alarm normaly goes off.

If you're full alarm is going off (ie Siren and Horn), then I would check the bonnet catch, as already suggested.  

If it's just the siren going off, I would disconnect the power sounder.  When the built in batteries go flat in the power sounder - it starts going off occasionally.  I was quoted £65 for a new power sounder, so I just disconnected it and wrapped the electrical connecter with insulation tape.  I did'nt bother fitting a new one, as the alarm still has a horn anyway.  I've had no problems with the alarm since - just lots of other unrelated problems...

Good luck mate

I agree but sometimes when the siren goes off the rest of the alarm goes off too.
« Last Edit: 03 April 2009, 22:24:38 by grahamandnatalie »

big-o-bob

• Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 April 2009, 22:30:37 »

Ok, sorry mate.  This is just the experience I had - but maybe I caught mine early.

So it could be the power sounder either way then?

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 April 2009, 22:32:10 »

Think so  :)

iainb

• West Midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 April 2009, 22:41:35 »

The power sounder has ni-cad batteries.
When they reach the end of there life they can start to leak and although they are surrounded by a mastic the contents of the battery seem to migrate onto the printed circuit.
Thats when the trouble starts with random events like the siren going off for no good reason.
It would be good to get live data to see if the security module is picking up these random events or not.
Iain
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.