Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade --- I want uff  (Read 740 times)

Swampey

• View Profile
Upgrade --- I want uff
« on: 05 April 2009, 17:37:02 »

Currently drive a 2.6 V6 Cdx Estate with an Auto  and I wouldnt say im getting bored of her.. but me thinks I wanna uff the car abit....ie more power :)

uff !!!!! not pimp  ;D

Ive had her for a few years now, and she glides everywhere and when pushed is goes like shite of a shovel-- in sports mode....  ::)

Anyone got ideas how to huff her !!!! i read somewhere that induction kits for an omega isnt a good thing...
« Last Edit: 05 April 2009, 17:37:36 by Swampey »

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrade --- I want uff
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2009, 17:50:05 »

Noise appeal only from induction kits

NiallyV6CDX

• Intermediate Member
  • County Down
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2009, 18:15:08 »

Hi, 3.0/3.2 cams are supposed to be a good (if complex to fit) modification ( I will be trying that on my 2.5 soon so hopefully will be able to report further), while the throttle bodies can prove a bottleneck in the induction system: If you could find someone who can machine the out and smooth the lips, spindles, butterfies ect or find some ready-modified ones that might also liberate extra power. ? :-?
Induction kits...I tried a big sports cone filter on mine earlier and the sound is amazing, lovely throaty roar, and fuel economy was a little better too, but someone said if they are heavily oiled (like some K&N fileters are) that can mess up your MAF sensor. I suppose if you like the noise and can find one that doesnt need to be oiled it could be worth it. Getting cold fresh air into the engine is always important. Superchipping/remapping is another way to go, but if you were going to do any other modifications it would be best to do the remap LAST, so the new settings would work with the increased airflow etc... 8-)

feeutfo

« Reply #3 on: 05 April 2009, 20:07:42 »

from what i gather, throttle bodys are the same size as the bigger 3.0 and 3.2? If so not likely to be much restriction in the inlet. See  Mark dtms post in general chat re "off with it head(s)" think its based on head work and cams and exhaust manifolds from a 3.2 or 3.0.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 18 queries.