Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GOT A FEW PROBS IF ANYONE CAN HELP  (Read 503 times)

skippy_22

• View Profile
GOT A FEW PROBS IF ANYONE CAN HELP
« on: 09 April 2009, 16:12:07 »

hi everyone i got a few issues with my omega ill list them below but be warned i dont know a massive ammout about cars so some things you say ill prob be abit....... right here goes
1. runs very rough on lpg and seems to use petrol while running on lpg, been told a service on lpg might help that.
2. there is a very slight misfire on petrol but its is very minor.
3. when turning bends/corners there is a creaking.
4. there is a rumbling coming from back im assuming its wheel bearing, i done one of these on a 1996 2.5v6 estate before and wasnt easy, is there an easy way of doing rear wheel bearing on these or not.
5. i was changing my middle section of the exhaust the other day and the bolts broke so im going to have to take off from the downpipe to drill the bolts out, the odds are them bolts will break and thats not good is it.
6. and finally im looking for the plastic strip (approx 4"x20" bends around to bootlid) that sits above the bumper and below rear quater of the car a wall fell over on the car with the wind few weeks ago and cant get one my colour (blue) anywhere.
thanks there is prob more probs but cant think of any at the min so any help would be very good

mark.adams

• Cambridgeshire
  • Happy
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: GOT A FEW PROBS IF ANYONE CAN HELP
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2009, 16:21:49 »

First off, does your engine management light ever come on? and does the bulb actually work?
If it runs rough on petrol, it will likely run worse on LPG as it is less forgiving.
« Last Edit: 09 April 2009, 16:22:42 by mark.adams »
Omega 2.6 V6 Elite in Shiny Black

skippy_22

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2009, 16:26:38 »

on petrol the engine light has never came on, most people i know that ive shown it can hardly hear the misfire but i hear everything and its only on tickover but on lpg if i put my foot down it come on and then it only just runs.

mark.adams

• Cambridgeshire
  • Happy
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2009, 19:27:40 »

To start with, check the plug wells for oil, classic cam cover leaking symptoms, air leaks cause idling problems, Idle Control Valve may need cleaning out, theres a how-to on here. If the plug wells are full of oil it may have fried the leads and the plugs so they will want replacing.
Theres a few bits to start with.
Omega 2.6 V6 Elite in Shiny Black
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 17 queries.