Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.0 P Reg Omega No power from engine  (Read 504 times)

headbanging

• View Profile
2.0 P Reg Omega No power from engine
« on: 30 March 2009, 10:29:12 »

Hi,

I don't post here that often, but i have what i think may be a major problem with the car, and i hope some people here can help.

Over the weekend i was driving around and thing were fine. But the the car started loosing power, and acting odd. Now i have a perminant problem, and don't know what to do.

I drive a P Reg 2.0 Auto Petrol.

When i start the car, it is fine. Engine not exactly smooth, but no major issue. I can rev the car (when gear in parked), and it revs smoothly and no problems.

When i drive, if i put my foot down a bit, the engine judders badly and has very little grunt. Where as in the past it had a good uptake to get to 30, 60 or whatever, now i have to take it really easy and takes about 20 seconds to get to 30mph.

When i get up to speed, and ease of the throttle, the car is fine. I drove on motorways, and although it took a while to get to 70, when at 70 and i've eased of the power, it's as smooth as anything. But if i try to give it some extra juice, even just a little bit extra on the pedal, the engine judders like crazy.

If at speed and i want to speed up, my best bet is to floor it (literally), and yes it does still judder, but not half as bad, but still very slow on the uptake.

This is the same if i drive in Eco, Normal or sports mode. It is also the same if i use the Auto gearbox, or the manual ' 1,2,3'.

Can anyone shed any light on what this problem may be?

Thanks in advance.

Squatch

• Belfast
    • View Profile
Re: 2.0 P Reg Omega No power from engine
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2009, 10:51:18 »

Has the EML come on? If so, can you check the codes?

feeutfo

« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2009, 10:53:57 »

try the paper clip test, link below, the eml will flash out any codes for you, if any. if no codes i would strongly suspect ignition system. Plugs leads or dis pac basically

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1189022687

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 March 2009, 11:09:25 »

Are you getting an Automatic Gearbox warning on the display (or light below display if a GLS)
Grumpy old man

going crazy

• Intermediate Member
  • Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2009, 11:13:44 »

Hiya - for my general knowledge; where should I be looking at the light below the display on my GLS?

Apologies for stealing someone's thread but I am trying to learn the ropes here..

Mine has a similar lack of power when the engine has not warmed up & it does not feel smooth; as soon the needle hits mid 80's the engine is smooth & turning on the ICE mode also makes the engine smooth when starting from cold. Is it bad to regularly use the ICE mode?

headbanging

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 March 2009, 11:25:07 »

Hi,

Thanks for all the help so far. I will try the paperclip test later and will let you know what the result is.

Thanks

headbanging

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 March 2009, 11:25:38 »

and i'm not getting any warning lights come up either

headbanging

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 April 2009, 15:48:01 »

Hi,
Just thought i would update people as to whats happened, just in case other people have anything like this happen to them.

I carried out a full service on the car (spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter, oil and filter cost £24 from Halfords know someone there with discount card!), and car started running ok, then problem came back, and had engine waring light come on.

Took it to a mechanic friend of mine, who drove it, and within 20 seconds said it was air flow managment unit. That the bit between the air filter and the air intake.

Have a new one on order, and will let you know what the out come is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.