Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exhaust/ Aux Belt/ Diagnostics/ Key Fob / Brakes  (Read 307 times)

allllec

• Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
Exhaust/ Aux Belt/ Diagnostics/ Key Fob / Brakes
« on: 30 May 2009, 22:45:13 »

4 Questions so I'll just roll it into one post. Car in question is a 3litre mv6 estate. Pre-facelift.

1. Cheapest place to get a passenger side exhaust, the bit from the clamp to the back box (the longer bit that has the silencer on it).

2. Aux belt, can you fit/unfit it without pulling everything apart? Say get it off the tensioner and just yank it out kinda thing?

3. How much does it cost to get my fault codes read? Anyone around Reading, Berkshire that does this service?

4. I have one dodgy key, the other doesn't have the immobiliser chip thing apparently. How much and WHERE can I get 2 brand spanking new keys made up?

5. Cheapest place to get disks + pads all round.

Ta

Alec
« Last Edit: 30 May 2009, 22:55:23 by allllec »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Exhaust/ Aux Belt/ Diagnostics/ Key Fob / Brakes
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2009, 00:36:34 »

4 Questions so I'll just roll it into one post. Car in question is a 3litre mv6 estate. Pre-facelift.

2. Aux belt, can you fit/unfit it without pulling everything apart? Say get it off the tensioner and just yank it out kinda thing?
You put a 15mm spanner/socket & T handle on the nut in the middle of the tensioner and move it to the right, your belt is then slack enough to remove from all the pulleys. There's a nut/bolt bottom right hand side that needs removing ( can't remember what it's for  :-/) and then your 'fan belt' will come out. (left & right as you're facing the engine)

3. How much does it cost to get my fault codes read? Anyone around Reading, Berkshire that does this service?
Nothing! you need to do the 'aper clip test' .... http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1189022687

4. I have one dodgy key, the other doesn't have the immobiliser chip thing apparently. How much and WHERE can I get 2 brand spanking new keys made up?
Various cars being broken on the forum, I'm sure you'd be able to get a 'new' working fob & then have it programmed to your car.

5. Cheapest place to get disc + pads all round.

Vauxhall using a Trade Club card! My fronts were £75 +vat

Can't help on the exhaust, although I'm sure there's a recomended pattern exhaust.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2009, 00:39:04 by Andy_B »

Martin_1962

« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2009, 11:36:31 »

What's wrong with the dodgy key?
« Last Edit: 31 May 2009, 11:37:04 by Martin_1962 »

allllec

• Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 June 2009, 07:38:34 »

Thanks a lot for all those answers :)

Oh the dodgy key is falling apart (hole in it) and it doesn't always work (the remote locking I mean) and it just looks tatty as you like!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 June 2009, 08:52:18 »

For code reading beyond the paperclip test, and for key programming, see http://theboy.omegaowners.com - Kevin Wood doesn't look that far from you :)

The paperclip test is enough purely to read the codes from the engine ECU though, and is free (assuming you can nick a paperclip)
Grumpy old man

Martin_1962

« Reply #5 on: 01 June 2009, 09:06:29 »

Thanks a lot for all those answers :)

Oh the dodgy key is falling apart (hole in it) and it doesn't always work (the remote locking I mean) and it just looks tatty as you like!

Insides are repairable, outsides can be patched - or get another cover off ebay or similar
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 17 queries.