Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My new car...the problem list!  (Read 716 times)

gav525

• Antrim/Lisburn, NI
    • View Profile
My new car...the problem list!
« on: 21 June 2009, 13:11:42 »

Ok so its not too bad and i'm still loving driving it.

1) The rocker cover gasket on the passenger side is gone, and the smell of the oil dripping onto the manifold is doing my head in. Are they easy enough replaced, and am i best going to Vauxhall for the gasket/kit?

2) My heated seat doesn't work. Are there individual fuses for each seat, or are there any wires i should be checking?

3) Finally, drivers side temperature control doesnt work. Its not climate or anything, just basic heater controls. Passenger side works fine though. Won't blow cold on a hot day and vice versa and a cold day? Weird one?

All help much appreciated!!!

Gav
« Last Edit: 21 June 2009, 13:12:33 by gav525 »

candyman

• Carrickfergus, N Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: My new car...the problem list!
« Reply #1 on: 21 June 2009, 14:01:43 »

i use vx gaskets but im fussy like that. as for everything else i could help you look at it. not to far away from you and i broke a couple of migs so theres bits lying about incase u needed parts.
ongoing projects- 99 3.0 elite est, 90 xr4x4 est twin turbo. expensive ornament- mz baghira supermoto. mk2 granada 2.8 gradualy disappearing in storage

gav525

• Antrim/Lisburn, NI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 June 2009, 14:08:36 »

That would be quality mate, cheers. I should be at the meet anyways providing i dont have to work  8-)

candyman

• Carrickfergus, N Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2009, 14:15:37 »

no problem. come later anywy if you have to work, hopefully il not be working myself.
ongoing projects- 99 3.0 elite est, 90 xr4x4 est twin turbo. expensive ornament- mz baghira supermoto. mk2 granada 2.8 gradualy disappearing in storage

NiallyV6CDX

• Intermediate Member
  • County Down
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2009, 23:03:40 »

Make sure you clean out the crankcase breather system when you do the rocker gaskets. That'll stop a repeat occurrence :y
With the heater control, is probably just a link rod or cable thats come out of place. Removing the facia panel will probably give you access to the problem.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 June 2009, 14:27:31 »

Use only GM rocker gaskets, I've had and seen pat gaskets - WASTE OF MONEY. The half-moon on the side of the head doesn't seal at all and just leaks so much oil, it's better to use the old GM's ones than cheap new ones.

As for heated seat, could be fuse, but more than likely it's the wiring under the seat. Just be a little careful here as the seatbelt pre-tensioner cables are under here as well.

Sorry can't help on ya third prob.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #6 on: 25 June 2009, 14:37:42 »

Use only GM rocker gaskets, I've had and seen pat gaskets - WASTE OF MONEY. The half-moon on the side of the head doesn't seal at all and just leaks so much oil, it's better to use the old GM's ones than cheap new ones.

As for heated seat, could be fuse, but more than likely it's the wiring under the seat. Just be a little careful here as the seatbelt pre-tensioner cables are under here as well.

Sorry can't help on ya third prob.

Yep, fully agree and you need Vx part no. 090511451 for the set at £28.35 ex-vat, or £25.71 ex-vat with trade discount. 8-) 8-)

Also ensure you use BLACK Vx sealant part no. 090485251 for £3-30 ex-vat with trade discount, 34p more without. :D :D ;) ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.