Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Will I get arrested for!!!  (Read 2181 times)

Platinum1

• Nr Stowmarket, Suffolk
    • View Profile
Will I get arrested for!!!
« on: 17 July 2009, 17:07:21 »

Assisting my omega in euthanasia? I am toying with driving to a well known Swiss clinic to have this done, lots of mountains to drive it off!!! I have heard.

The reason being is that I am completely hacked off with my car after 2 years with no faults or problems to date, until my dreadful ABS ECU unit saga. Those that remember my posts last week, will recap: (in a nut shell) that the ecu unit failed on the mot and for me to send it to BBA Reman to be fixed. Remann found a fault and repaired it for 125 quid with a 2 yr warranty and my local garage fitted it back on as they took it off and waited while it returned back from Reman. Car passed the mot, and no abs/tc lights on and Speedo and steering working properly, this lasted all of 40 miles until this happened.

2 days after it is out of the garage I am driving along and the engine management light comes on (the box shaped light that looks like a fat helicopter) this came on for about 20 mins of driving, turned the car off and on again and it goes out. The next morning, I try to start the car and it will not idle and I have to put it in neutral and rev it and slam it into drive to get the car going. The car runs normal after this with no helicopter warning but then the T/C light comes on and this will no longer go out. Now the car is hard to start from cold as it will not tick over and when it is warm it does not stall but the tick over revs fluctuate between 400 - 1000 rmp and it surges, all this with the t/c light on.

Took it back to the garage and they are just saying that they fitted my reconditioned ecu unit and it left them fine ( it did on that day but I only drove it 5 miles) but the next morning I get all these different problems. I cannot see how the idling and the t/c light are connected but it is definitely something they have done, but never going to prove that!

They suggested that I send it back to remann under the warranty, Like hell Remann will look at the unit again and pay for the garage to take it off and fit it again as they should do if it is faulty. The garage said they would put the car on test machine and see what codes come up on Monday (think this will be for free but nothing more).

Does anyone out there know the connection of the faults now and why do you think it is now not idling after all they have done is fit the repaired ecu and why is the t/c light on again!

Any help appreciated! Also what is the word in Swiss/German for "die you f***er" for my trip to Basle mountains!!!!

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
Re: Will I get arrested for!!!
« Reply #1 on: 17 July 2009, 17:13:06 »

where abouts in suffolk are you, if you can get over my way i may be able to have a little looky

Platinum1

• Nr Stowmarket, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2009, 17:18:52 »

I am near Stowmarket, do you think you know what may be wrong? and any advice on german words!!!!  ::)

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2009, 17:26:42 »

Not sure on problem, but I'm in the process of sorting my ABS ECU and found that if the RPM signal is distorted from the ABS unit it can cause problems.  I may be able to look deeper at the ABS and Engine ECU codes for you and could go from there. 

And with the german words the only one that that comes to mind is achtung

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 July 2009, 17:59:43 »

And with the german words the only one that that comes to mind is achtung

"Deine schwester hast mein Kaninchen gegessen" might be of use. As might "Entshuldigung! Du hast einen Krankenwagen unter das Rathaus!"
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Pitchfork

• Omega Baron
  • Tadley (near Basingrad)
  • Barndances & Morris
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 July 2009, 18:03:32 »

Almost famous!   www.pitchforkband.co.uk Guitar & PA Amps repaired & serviced
Ears pierced while you wait. PAT & Valve testing

Platinum1

• Nr Stowmarket, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 July 2009, 18:04:49 »

Thanks for that chap  :y

I may very well take you up on that next week, need to find out what the garage or Remann are preparred to do and also must take advantage of thier scant (free diagnostic test  ::)) to see what they find. I will pm you if no luck. Looks like I will have to shell out another 500 quid for a job that was suppose to be done right in the first place. Driving the car off a Swiss mountain seems more the thing to do though (alot cheaper)

Anyone want an absolute mint Omega (except for curent probs) will swap for a box of frogs or a twix (must be the big twix pack though) buyer collects from Suffolk or Swiss Alps  ;D

Platinum1

• Nr Stowmarket, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 July 2009, 18:09:05 »

Pete,

That translated into the following :

"Your sister did my rabbit ate" might be of use. As might "Entshuldigung! You have an ambulance at the city hall!"

WTF  :D ;D

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 July 2009, 18:11:21 »

Thanks for that chap  :y

I may very well take you up on that next week, need to find out what the garage or Remann are preparred to do and also must take advantage of thier scant (free diagnostic test  ::)) to see what they find. I will pm you if no luck. Looks like I will have to shell out another 500 quid for a job that was suppose to be done right in the first place. Driving the car off a Swiss mountain seems more the thing to do though (alot cheaper)

Anyone want an absolute mint Omega (except for curent probs) will swap for a box of frogs or a twix (must be the big twix pack though) buyer collects from Suffolk or Swiss Alps  ;D

No problems,  keep us informed of your outcome.  always interesting to hear what garages will do to wriggle out of their errors.

And don't drive off a mountain just yet, it will get sorted. :y

Platinum1

• Nr Stowmarket, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 July 2009, 18:31:37 »

Just contacted the Swiss clinic and they have had many, many Omega customers wishing to exersise putting thier cars to sleep with this very common problem.  :'(

Apparantly, they say that ABS ECU  stands for:

Assisted Burial Service  for  European Comunity Union  ;D

Platinum1

• Nr Stowmarket, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 July 2009, 18:33:54 »

Just been offered a box of tadpoles  ::) sorry folks, must be frogs, don't mind assorted ones and may even consider toads.  ::)

Ghost

• Omega Baron
  • Seaham, North East england
    • 2.6 V6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 July 2009, 18:49:31 »

Pete,

That translated into the following :

"Your sister did my rabbit ate" might be of use. As might "Entshuldigung! You have an ambulance at the city hall!"

WTF  :D ;D

Close mate. well done on your German though. :y

they are
Your sister ate my rabbit
and
Excuse me you have a ambulance under the town hall.

as for the translation for Die you F****r  the last word does not exist in german but you could say
" stirb du sau " = die you pig.

for any other translations just give me a call as I speak German now for 18 years and wy wife is German.
He who brakes Looses
To old to die young

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #12 on: 17 July 2009, 22:02:54 »

The thing thats down that way that would most likely cause issues in that area and may simply have been disturbed is the crankshaft sensor mate...can cause all sorts of rogue issues...check out the codes with the engine running...19 is crank shaft sensor, would also cause issues with starting etc...if so, unlikely to be directly the garages fault or BBA Remans
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

Platinum1

• Nr Stowmarket, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 July 2009, 22:58:30 »

sensor, would also cause issues with starting etc...if so, unlikely to be directly the garages fault or BBA Remans

Thaks mate, will get that checked out, I wonder if thier tech test will pick that up, otherwise I think I will do the paper clip test, never done it before. What does that part look like? anyone got any pics and would it be obvious if they had disturbed it?

Ghost

• Omega Baron
  • Seaham, North East england
    • 2.6 V6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 July 2009, 23:21:55 »

here you are mate, its easy and a hell of a lot cheaper than a garage :y
www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1189022687
He who brakes Looses
To old to die young
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.