Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ABS ECU  (Read 3794 times)

Ryan Hegarty

• Kesh, County Fermanagh, N.I.
    • View Profile
Re: ABS ECU
« Reply #30 on: 09 August 2009, 14:11:15 »

The flexi extension used was similar to this one - [url http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LASER-QUICK-CHUCK-EXTENSION-FLEXI-300MM-3412_W0QQitemZ320281315636QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item4a92410934&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14] [/url], this ones a bit longer than mine so should be better to work with, I would also think that cheaper could be found elsewhere.
Yip I would think that the engine size and gearbox type would be the two main factors in getting the right part also if you have your chassis number handy the part that would be fitted to your car will be easier to identify - my car has the same engine and gearbox as yours on a year 2000 plate so I would imagine that yours would be the same as mine, the part number for mine is 0273 004 206 I took mine off to be sure, also the car will still drive with it off, you'll just have no ABS, TC, power steering or speedo but at least you'll be aware that they aren't working instead of them failing without warning.
The reason yours is ok at times is due to the connections making and then breaking contact due to vibration/corrosion, eventually they'll break contact permanently.
Hope this helps. :y
« Last Edit: 09 August 2009, 14:33:23 by ryan123 »

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10 August 2009, 06:56:33 »

Ryan...I found the screwfix catalogue and they do the same bit of kit for £7=00 so will get one sorted out this morning.
Thanks for your help and advise,will post up my results once done.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 August 2009, 11:34:55 »

Just an update and a word of warning for others attempting this.
After spending the entire day yesterday trying to get at and remove those screws holding the abs ecu to the pump,I am sorry to say I have given up and accepted defeat.It would appear that in a "previous life" the large black plug has been damaged and is impossible to remove without the complete removal of the entire pump assemly,as the retaining lugs have been broken and the plug will not move.
Today the car is at a local repairers having the pump removed ,as I understand once off the system requires bleeding with the aid of a Tech 2 and it would not be possible to call on a local Admin due to the lack of brakes.I am now waiting the call to let me know it is sorted and then I will be taking the ecu direct to BBA for a diagnostic check and a hopefull repair....then after repaired(I hope ) back next week to garage to have it refitted....looks like I will be a bit lighter in the wallet now.
Any body an idea of labour time to remove pump and refit in man hours including brake bleed.?
Will report back when all fixed....I hope.!!!

Ryan Hegarty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13 August 2009, 12:02:58 »

That's unfortunate but the large plug should have been removed first (if it could have been) as it allows for better access to the bottom screws, at the least you would have saved the time at the screws, it's a pity it didn't work out for you but I hope you have it sorted with minimal expense, I feel you are looking at a day or so's labour, you would be better to get a quote first, at least then you know where you stand.
Good luck mate.  :y

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13 August 2009, 12:32:16 »

Ryan....car was at garage this morning at 8.30am and guy rang at 11.00 to say no option but to remove entire pump as he couldn,t remove plug either.Just waiting for call now to say all off/brakes bleed and wallet opened..then up to BBA,so hoping I can get some work done today to cover abit of the costs.
Oh well atleast it will be nice not to have those lights coming on and off.........bit of masking tape over them would have been cheaper though.

Ryan Hegarty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13 August 2009, 13:26:53 »

bit of masking tape over them would have been cheaper though - LOL.
Have a good haggle with him hopefully he'll knock a bit off for you - good luck. :y

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 13 August 2009, 14:51:13 »

Garage said 3 hours labour to remove abs pump,take off ecu and put all back together including bleeding brakes etc.
Just taken unit to BBA and they said would ring in couple of days with verdict and expected cost,then will expect a couple more hours to put it back,though expect refit will be cheaper as might not require pump off again.(lets hope so)
It appears in the rush to get the unit off and to BBA the 6 little T15 screws have gone walkabout.
If anybody has a spare set I would be gratefull just incase we don,t find them before the proposed refit.
Pm me if you have them and I will provide beer tokens.
Thanks

Ryan Hegarty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 13 August 2009, 22:02:18 »

The screws are either M4 or M5 screws about 30mm long and should be easy to get on ebay, hardware shop etc, also BBA Reman should be able to provide spares. :y

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 19 August 2009, 17:13:49 »

Just a progress report on the ongoing story of the fault ABS,ecu.
Took unit to BBA,very quick turnaround...left it at 2.30 last Thursday afternoon,had them on phone following Monday at 12.00 to confirm faults found and repaired.Collected from them and report stated faulty earth wire so repaired..total cost £100=00 +vat.
Car went to garage this morning at 8.30..removed pump complete..refitted repaired ecu and fitted back on..bleed brakes and refilled coolant with antifreeze provided by me..also got them to do oil change and filter as saves me the agro as car was on the ramp..again parts provided by me..total of 6.5 hours labour and a bit of brake fluid.....wait for it £200 all in ..really chuffed and a very good job well done..will use them again.
Lets hope all is now cured as I have no lights on when they shouldn,t be/cruise works and so does speedo.
Off to have a bbq now.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 19 August 2009, 17:28:32 »

...total of 6.5 hours labour and  .........wait for it £200 all in ..really chuffed and a very good job well done..will use them again.
Lets hope all is now cured as I have no lights on when they shouldn,t be/cruise works and so does speedo.
Off to have a bbq now.

Sound pretty good to me! No warning lights seems good too!  :y  :y  :y

Ryan Hegarty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 19 August 2009, 18:54:12 »

Good stuff - glad you're sorted. :y

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #41 on: 19 August 2009, 19:02:01 »

Phew, I'm really pleased for you mate ........

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 19 August 2009, 21:17:34 »

Thanks alot everyone for your advise...really pleased "old girl " is back to her normal self
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.