Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drivers door wont open !  (Read 1253 times)

willyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds. West Yorks
  • Can Do !!
    • View Profile
Drivers door wont open !
« on: 29 August 2009, 19:25:34 »

I have just been"fixing" the drivers door on my 3.0V6 1998 as the car has been off the road for ages  Daz came up & did me a cambelt change + cam cover gaskets too so I decided to fix afew other things too as its back on the road next month the central locking was’nt working on the drivers door also it needed a new hinge/strap+ plates etc to stop door flying wide open anyway done that ok !
Changed the solenoid /actuator it worked fine  started to put the inner door panel back on tried the door slammed it shut , but it would’nt open, it opens from inside using the inner door handle but not the outside door handle anyway proceeded to mess about in door looking for what it could be causing it not to open, then bingo after doing nothing too it the whole door worked fine, so put the inner door panel back on & left it at that... so then after trying it several times shutting it etc it opened fine until I did it with the remote pressed that to lock  it then to unlock it all looked well the door inner button popped up BUT it wouldnt open using the outside door handle so am back to sq one only good thing at mo is it does lock up properly & sets the alarm ... Pic shows inner drivers door lock not much to see & not much to mess with but anyway there it is..

So has anyone any ideas as to what I need to do to fix it..?

[/img]

willyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds. West Yorks
  • Can Do !!
    • View Profile
Re: Drivers door wont open !
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2009, 17:22:28 »

Any ideas guys as to whatmight be the fault or what to replace,at present just going to live with it at least till after Newent meet, as can enter through other doors & just click it open from inside ..

WAL

• Tameside [Cheshire]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2009, 22:57:13 »

Hello,
I'm a just joined newbie and don't know what the problem is but I too have the same problem with my 1994 2.0 16v GLS.  Both my back doors will not open from the outside.  As with yours the electrics work fine and the inside handles work. I put my hand inside the door where the mechanism is and felt around and by  pushing just a tiny amount in the same direction that the outer door handle moves the inner workings the door opened.  It suggested to me that something has worn like a washer, perhaps plastic, or a plate has worn and/or a bit has dropped off / out of the assembly and so the mechanism isn't moving as far as it should to activate the door lock.  As I said I'm a newbie and know nowt so if anyone has the answer please let me/us know [as soon as poss because I'm hopefully selling soon to get my newer one].
Regards
WAL

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2009, 23:05:00 »

you could try adjusting the metal rod from the handle where it goes into the nylon bit, mine done the same but it sorted mine :y

WAL

• Tameside [Cheshire]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2009, 23:17:43 »

Hello Alf,
Thanks for this, I thought it might be somethin' n nothin'. I'm not sure what rod you mean but I'll have another look now.
[smiley=dankk2.gif]
WAL

willyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds. West Yorks
  • Can Do !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 August 2009, 23:34:47 »

Mmm  not sure if thats it I have to admit when I try the door handle it wont sqeeze up all the way it just jams about half way so the door doesnt release  but will have a look at it not sure either whats adjustable to be honest ?

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 August 2009, 00:00:15 »

Mmm  not sure if thats it I have to admit when I try the door handle it wont sqeeze up all the way it just jams about half way so the door doesnt release  but will have a look at it not sure either whats adjustable to be honest ?
yup mine was the same, on the end of the metal rod from the handle there is a nylon bit, this screws up or down on the rod, cant remember which way i turned it though,,,,doh :-/

Welung666

« Reply #7 on: 31 August 2009, 07:21:59 »

The metal bar running from the lock area of the handle (bottom centre in your pic) has a white nylon pointy thing screwed on, just wind it in (clockwise) a couple of turns at a time until it works again :y
« Last Edit: 31 August 2009, 07:22:51 by Welung666 »

willyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds. West Yorks
  • Can Do !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 August 2009, 11:17:03 »

Thanks guys will have a look into it I did put the inner panel back for now so will wait a week or so till weather gets dryer its fcst wet wet wet here in sunny Leeds ::)

WAL

• Tameside [Cheshire]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 September 2009, 23:31:39 »

Hello,
Sorry for the late response - I hadn't understood the notification message thingy - so didn't know you'd posted more info.  I too have been busy and haven't had time to look at sortin' this out yet but it sounds like you've given me /us the solution.  As soon as I've had a go [could be another week at least] I'll be in touch.
 [smiley=dankk2.gif]again - WAL  :)  I'm beginning to really appreciate this forum! :y

willyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds. West Yorks
  • Can Do !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 September 2009, 17:17:40 »

I did get round to looking at mine and all it was, was the connecting rod/pin which locates from the outside door handle in the door lock mechanism was not in the hole, as its quite well hidden and as I had taken out the lock completely I didnt locate it back in hole properly ..now all working as it should.. :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.