Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DTI INTERMITENT LIMP MODE  (Read 1257 times)

smoothomega

• Omega Knight
  • Perth, Western Australia
  • 2002 2.2DTI CDX,
    • View Profile
DTI INTERMITENT LIMP MODE
« on: 10 December 2009, 19:36:41 »

Well, the DTI has been running so well, have done nearly 10k in it over the last 7 months and its never missed a beat, in fact i only thought last week that it seems to be pulling better than it ever has, and then last night all went wrong, i was driving along when for no apparent reason the rev counter stopped working along with heated rear screen and MID and the engine would not run at much more than an idle, i tried to get home and after a couple of miles everything started working again and all was well, then again today the same thing happened, i just kept my foot buried in the floor and after a little while all was well again. So does anybody have any ideas, she is just short of 200k by 40 miles but has been well looked after, i dont think it is pump as these tend to fail full stop so guessing it could be crank, cam or lamber sensor or could it be the cat, i say the cat because as previously mentioned over the last week or so the car has seemed to pull so much better and i think i detected a slight difference in exhaust note, though that may just be physcological. So any thoughts please, all suggestions very welcome, and Mark DTM, if all fails and i can get to you would you do me a code read, would this pinpoint it?

Thanks in advance
Jez

02g4634

• Limerick
    • Opel omega 2.2tdi eleganc
    • View Profile
Re: DTI INTERMITENT LIMP MODE
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2015, 16:32:08 »

Hi There,

I noticed this old post and my 2.2tdi with similar milage has same issue. intermittant limp mode. have changed the MAF but looking for ideas on where to go next, any ideas ?

Many Thanks

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2015, 16:45:22 »

......and Mark DTM, if all fails and i can get to you would you do me a code read, would this pinpoint it?
It would help, but whilst I admire your determination to get the problem fixed and getting the codes read, getting the car from Perth, Australia, to Notts, UK might be a tall order.  :o :-\

T.m.f

• 4wd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2015, 18:15:33 »

If you lose rev counter when it goes into limp mode,its crank sensor,use genuine gm part.
1996 300tdi manual discovery,the weekend mud toy and tin tent tower

The devil child ,aka mk2 2006 1.6 tdci focus

02g4634

• Limerick
    • Opel omega 2.2tdi eleganc
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2015, 21:12:54 »

Rev counter perfect
She will start perfect
Then at any point engine light comes on
Some times limp mode directly, sometimes light comes on and still have acceleration albeit a bit sluggish
I took out the egr valve last night .. It was in awful state with carbon.. Now nice and clean but I know I need to take off the manifold tomorrow and do same cleaning job... As engine light and limp mode still going on today...
Does anyone one have guide to do a full maintenance on this whole exhaust circuit..

Thanks everyone
Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 17 queries.