Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tracking  (Read 1002 times)

Martin_1962

Tracking
« on: 28 December 2009, 15:55:45 »

I have changed the left hand adjuster for the steering, adjusted so roughly no toe in or out, erring towards tow in -  maybe 0.5mm toed in on the wheel rim

However some clot turned both adjusters the wrong way :-[ :-[ so the steering wheel is off centre even more >:( >:( - will need to adjust tomorrow again.

1/2 turn each the OTHER way :-[ :-[

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking
« Reply #1 on: 28 December 2009, 16:29:39 »

Do it properly (ie, pay someone), else you'll quickly be paying for tyres.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 December 2009, 16:40:57 »

WIM will pay for itself time and time again, put new boots on at 119k, they still look brand spankers and have huge amounts of tread left over the whole wheel, no uneven wear, now at 131k  :)

At the end of the day its either £320 for 4 new tyres, Vs £70 for WIM tune up  ;)

Martin_1962

« Reply #3 on: 28 December 2009, 17:03:34 »

Do it properly (ie, pay someone), else you'll quickly be paying for tyres.

Currently mortgage and food have priority

Richard A

• Aldridge, West Midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 December 2009, 17:51:06 »

Martin, send me a PM with your address, need the other 'key' sorted, put the money to the cost of Tony at WIM doing his magic.
It has made such a difference to my omega  :y honest.
regards
richard a
richard a

Martin_1962

« Reply #5 on: 28 December 2009, 17:55:41 »

Martin, send me a PM with your address, need the other 'key' sorted, put the money to the cost of Tony at WIM doing his magic.
It has made such a difference to my omega  :y honest.
regards
richard a

Was done last year (at WIM) - so only tracking would have changed (I hope)

Richard A

• Aldridge, West Midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 December 2009, 19:25:36 »

Cheers Martin, is the fee still £10 ?
regards
richard a
richard a

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 December 2009, 20:22:00 »

Martin, what is it that you do, with keys?

One of my Omega keys is fine - but the other one feels like there's no travel in the buttons, and it doesn't work.

Can you fix it?  :y

Martin_1962

« Reply #8 on: 28 December 2009, 20:50:50 »

One of my Omega keys is fine - but the other one feels like there's no travel in the buttons, and it doesn't work.

Resolder battery holders - I have a neat repair technique  - I also replace the switches with new ones

Martin_1962

« Reply #9 on: 28 December 2009, 20:51:04 »

Cheers Martin, is the fee still £10 ?
regards
richard a

Yes - that is fine :y

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 December 2009, 20:58:12 »

Resolder battery holders - I have a neat repair technique  - I also replace the switches with new ones

Send me the info Martin - key and cash will be en route  :y

NaughtyNigel

• Sedgefield, Co Durham
  • Naughty Nigel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 December 2009, 21:33:48 »

Hi James,
Pleased to hear the old girl is running well.

The switches in the Vauxhall key fobs have tiny rubber buttons on them, (which are pressed via the buttons on the outer casing). These seem to go soft with time, so whilst the electronics still work, the buttons need to be pressed harder and harder to lock or unlock the car.

The lock button usually goes first because it is pressed more often than the others.

If you can find someone to replace the switches the key fobs should work fine.

You will notice that one of your keys is slightly different, and newer than the other.  For some reason when I needed to replace they key they found there was a problem with the alarm, and couldn't program the new key until a new one was fitted.  :(

NN
Why drive fast when you can drive fast in style? :)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 December 2009, 21:36:18 »

Hi James,

The switches in the Vauxhall key fobs have tiny rubber buttons on them, (which are pressed via the buttons on the outer casing). These seem to go soft with time, so whilst the electronics still work, the buttons need to be pressed harder and harder to lock or unlock the car.

The lock button usually goes first because it is pressed more often than the others.

You will notice that one of your keys is slightly different, and newer than the other.  For some reason when I needed to replace they key they found there was a problem with the alarm, and couldn't program the new key until a new one was fitted.  :(

NN

Nigel! Great to hear from you  :y

The old girl is running more than well, she is as smooth as silk, a real pleasure to drive - and not a sniff of coolant loss  :)

NaughtyNigel

• Sedgefield, Co Durham
  • Naughty Nigel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 December 2009, 21:41:52 »

Hi James,

NN

The old girl is running more than well, she is as smooth as silk, a real pleasure to drive - and not a sniff of coolant loss  :)

Hi James,
I know this is off topic, but where was the coolant coming from? It was leaking quite rapidly at one point.

Also, did you get the sump sorted out? Had it really been welded?

Best regards,

NN
Why drive fast when you can drive fast in style? :)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 December 2009, 21:43:43 »

Hi James,

NN

Hi James,
I know this is off topic, but where was the coolant coming from? It was leaking quite rapidly at one point.

Also, did you get the sump sorted out? Had it really been welded?

Best regards,

NN

Hi NN :)

My suspicion is coolant leaking from the rear transfer pipe to block seal (As there was residue there) however, I guess we'll never know. It certainly wasn't from head gaskets, or oil cooler.... the HGs were good as new!

In terms of the sump - it is indeedy welded - the plug has been seam welded shut. however it's not a problem, as a member has sent me a new lower sump pan - I will be changing it over this weekend :)

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.