Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What would you do???  (Read 3223 times)

Tab

• Telford
    • View Profile
Re: What would you do???
« Reply #15 on: 16 December 2007, 18:10:33 »

what about having "mugger" tattooed on their foreheads?

then people would be able to identify and have the chance to avoid them.

same goes for murderers, rapists, kiddie fiddlers etc.

106rallye

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 December 2007, 18:29:46 »

In this day and age, people have to have the right to defend there self and each other, i know i personally wouldn't think 2ce about putting a bat over someone head if they tried to intentionally harm myself or a loved one, i would NEVER hurt anyone who hadn't don't something to me, but its a different story when someone tries to hurt me, everyone has flight or fight, n i definitely don't have the flight lol. Up here in Scotland we do have the right to defend another person if they are not able to defend there self, but theres still that pish about "reasonable force". which personally i think is a load of rubbish, if someone jumps me i leave after they stop moving! its their fault, they came looking for a victim n found they wrong one, if i gave them a slap n run off they WILL find someone else, but if i put them in hospital i bet they'll think twice next time!

i also think females should be allowed to carry some form of CS gas. NO ONE respects the law anymore, therefore the law cannot keep your average law abiding citizen safe.
« Last Edit: 16 December 2007, 20:00:09 by 106rallye »
sideways is the way forward!

amigov6

« Reply #17 on: 16 December 2007, 18:50:59 »

Of course like most of us i'd dearly love to give these little pricks a good battering(TCP ready for my knuckles please!) More realistically i think a firm 10yr. stretch, hard labour, no telly etc, would be in order. I know prisons are spilling over but i'd pay a little more tax to finance building more. 10 would mean 10, none of this fannying about.
     Or......Security guard in Iraq??? ::)

bruce

• HEMEL HEMPSTEAD HERTFORDSHIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 December 2007, 19:08:49 »

In this day and age, people have to have the right to defend there self and each other, up here in Scotland we do have the right to defend another person if they are not able to defend there self, but theres still that pish about "reasonable force". which personally i think is a load of rubbish, if someone jumps me i leave after they stop moving! its their fault, they came looking for a victim n found they wrong one, if i gave them a slap n run off they WILL find someone else, but if i put them in hospital i bet they'll think twice next time!

i also think females should be allowed to carry some form of CS gas. NO ONE respects the law anymore, therefore the law cannot keep your average law abiding citizen safe.

Totally agree 100% with this member...If I'm in a hospital bed Ill guarantee the mugger will be occupying the next bed.

Bruce

miggy

« Reply #19 on: 16 December 2007, 19:15:06 »

The MOD should have some sort of penial battallion, like the germans had in the second world war.

Put these offenders in there for 2 year stints, and belive me they would not answer the NCOs back and they would learn some sort of respect for other people, the NCOs should be given all the powers of persuasion they need to sort them out, you may say what about their human rights, well, what about the victems human rights for justice.

Put them in the penial battalions and let them rot in there if they dont change their ways, and when trouble breaks out around the world, send them in as cannon fodder.

Paulus

• Wheaton Aston
  • Are you lookin' at me??? Punk???
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 December 2007, 19:18:41 »

Salt mines??? Russia was on to a good thing there.

Kids do anything they want because they can't legally be punished hard enough. I read in the paper today about a 14 year old girl that took her parents to court for smacking her. Her dad has to do 50 hours unpaid work.

National Service would be good in my opinion. It teaches dicipline which is lacking in this world.
Growing old disgracefully...

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 December 2007, 19:22:21 »

Lets all get real.  HMG currently has to pay out loads of dosh to those convicted crims who are currently serving legal sentances in stir because they have to p!ss in a tin and empty it out in the morning.  Apparently its 'degrading' and contrary to human rights.  We need to ensure current punishments are enforced rigourously before draconian measures such as suggested are brought into being.

And, believe me, I am no Liberal....   :-X
« Last Edit: 16 December 2007, 19:39:36 by hotel21 »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #22 on: 16 December 2007, 19:39:01 »

interesting..I see many police in London without guns...first how they will protect themselves ?  :-/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 December 2007, 19:47:54 »

interesting..I see many police in London without guns...first how they will protect themselves ?  :-/

If they were all tooled-up, everyone contemplating any type of criminal activity would go in armed. Not progress IMHO. Armed backup is there, out of sight, in case it's needed and that's where it should be.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

106rallye

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16 December 2007, 19:59:52 »

If they were all tooled-up, everyone contemplating any type of criminal activity would go in armed. Not progress IMHO. Armed backup is there, out of sight, in case it's needed and that's where it should be.

Kevin

i dont quite understand how that makes any sense at all, right now the police have coshes and CS gas, does that mean at the moment everyone contemplating any type of criminal activity would go in armed with the equivalent?  
sideways is the way forward!

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 16 December 2007, 20:24:00 »

Kevin

i dont quite understand how that makes any sense at all, right now the police have coshes and CS gas, does that mean at the moment everyone contemplating any type of criminal activity would go in armed with the equivalent?  

Remember how Dixon in Dock Green ended?  ....  

He was shot.....   :-X

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 December 2007, 20:31:03 »

Kevin

Remember how Dixon in Dock Green ended?  ....  

He was shot.....   :-X

Wasn't that just in the film 'The Blue Lamp'?

Evenin' All  :'(
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

Radar

• Omega Knight
  • Berkshire
    • Elite 2.5 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16 December 2007, 20:59:51 »

I think prolonged community service to get some sort of payback for the community that these people damage.  

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #28 on: 16 December 2007, 21:05:44 »

when theres a fight that guns can involve ,its very important who hit first with strongest material..

who knows when the backup forces will arrive..

theres no guarantee junkies or the other people will not carry a gun..

amigov6

« Reply #29 on: 16 December 2007, 21:09:07 »

Lets all get real.  HMG currently has to pay out loads of dosh to those convicted crims who are currently serving legal sentances in stir because they have to p!ss in a tin and empty it out in the morning.  Apparently its 'degrading' and contrary to human rights.  We need to ensure current punishments are enforced rigourously before draconian measures such as suggested are brought into being.

And, believe me, I am no Liberal....   :-X
Does'nt matter where you pee Broocie, i never moaned about it, i deserved it. Iknow we can no longer throw them to the lions, but they should still do hard time & FULL term. That's not draconian.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.