Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall trying to fob ME off  (Read 1116 times)

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
Vauxhall trying to fob ME off
« on: 02 January 2008, 23:09:16 »

As you may recall my wife's Meriva is sick.

It was booked in for Monday 7th but I took it up last Saturday and asked them to look at it asap - cos she want's to drive my car!

Anyhoo, I get home tonight and it's on my drive. Wow  :)

Great I thought, no bus for me tomorrow.   :)

She says they have cleaned it all out and want to look at it again in a month cos they say Vx wont authorise the repair (HG)

So I took off the filler cap - covered in mayo - but it had been wiped clean. Checked breather - sides covered in mayo - but looked like they'd shook it clean. Mayo all over the inside of the top of the engine. And they hadn't changed the oil or topped up the water that was below the min level. So, no the idiots have done 'dangle berries' all to fix it. :o

The Service Manager will get short shrift tomorrow and I'll be asking if they belong to a trade association - which of course I already have the address of. :P and it'll be back in on Monday.

It may only be a Meriva but they've awoken the beast - I HATE being fobbed off!!!!!!!! >:( and I hate my wife driving my car even more  :'(
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall trying to fob ME off
« Reply #1 on: 02 January 2008, 23:11:56 »

Cancel their overdraft facility ....  :) (don't you sometimes wish you actually HAD that much power ...   )

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 January 2008, 23:13:08 »

Cancel their overdraft facility ....  :) (don't you sometimes wish you actually HAD that much power ...   )

I know people  ;):-X
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 January 2008, 23:14:33 »

not good fella not good  >:( >:(

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 January 2008, 23:19:29 »

not good fella not good  >:( >:(

DTI have a great website with help if manufacturers wont honour warranties.  Whilst I appreciate the garage can't so the work for free - they've still not fixed the problem so it's going back.....again.

I know what Vx are up to......wait 1m, booked in mid Feb, parts out of stock, rebooked end Feb ------warranty expires March - so sorry Sir that's £500 please.

I'll be asking the service manager to fax confirmation to me tomorrow that it is deemed by him to be safe to drive and will take full responsibility if HG fails.  Their own warranty clause 10. states that warranty is not covered of "it is caused wholly or partially from neglect in taking reasonable preventative steps".....I am trying  ::)
« Last Edit: 02 January 2008, 23:19:48 by Chopsdad »

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 January 2008, 23:20:21 »

I know people  ;):-X
Dont cancel their overdraft just wack up their interest rates ;D
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 January 2008, 23:21:39 »

keep on at them bud ! they will try and wiggle out of it !! used to work in garages bud i know the crack !! >:( >:(

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 January 2008, 23:21:50 »

A garage, trying to fob you off? When they already have your money? I just don't belive it!!!

I think that they have bitten off more than they can chew with this one though. Good on yer mate. Get in there and give em hell.  :y :y :y
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 January 2008, 23:48:33 »

So they gave it back without even topping up the coolant on a suspected HGF?

Makes me wonder if they did that deliberately so it would break properly... Or because they didn't lift the bonnet?

>:(

Kevin  
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 January 2008, 08:15:25 »

Dont worry, even when the warranty expires its still covered as the fault was logged before it expired.

Call Luton and talk to them, run them through the history of the problem.

It wont by Vx digging thier heals in, it will be the dealer......the only think Vx quibble about is paint work and tahts because so many cars out there have been repaired to a lower standard than the factory finish so they check its the original paintwork..

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 January 2008, 08:32:08 »

Dont worry, even when the warranty expires its still covered as the fault was logged before it expired.

Call Luton and talk to them, run them through the history of the problem.

It wont by Vx digging thier heals in, it will be the dealer......the only think Vx quibble about is paint work and tahts because so many cars out there have been repaired to a lower standard than the factory finish so they check its the original paintwork..

True, on my previous 'meega I managed quite easily to vet a partial refund directly from Vx (the manufacturer, not the dealer) for an out-of-warranty repair, when the Vx dealer refused to even try and raise the issue with Vx in the first place saying there was 'no chance' they will accept the claim....

Alas, no more Omegas....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.