Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.5td vacuum pipes  (Read 1668 times)

Sidknee

• Fleet, Hampshire
    • View Profile
2.5td vacuum pipes
« on: 31 May 2010, 20:09:53 »

Hoping someone out there can help. Had some fault codes come up the other day which indicated EGR out of range, Fuel Quantity out of range and fuel shut off solenoid either out of range or ground to earth.They have disappeared along with the hot weather so will have to wait for further diagnosis. However on investigation under the bonnet found several vacuum pipes that go to nowhere and possibly some that are missing. I have seen the diagram on here for the petrol V6 versions but does anyone know either what goes where or the location of a diagram?
« Last Edit: 31 May 2010, 20:32:18 by Sidknee »

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: 2.5td vacuum pipes
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2010, 20:13:29 »

Hoping someone out there can help. Had some fault codes come up the other day which indicated EGR out of range, Fuel Quantity out of range and fuel shut off solenoid either out of range or ground to earth.They have disappeared along with the hot weather so will have to wait for further diagnosis. However on investigation under the bonnet found several vacuum pipes that go to nowhere and possibly some that are missing. I have seen the diagram on here for the petrol V6 versions but does anyone know either what goes where or the location of a diagram?

Try this:

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1152565204

;) ;)

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2010, 20:15:12 »

Put your location in and I'm sure someone may be close to you to assist. :y

Mick ;)

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2010, 21:02:14 »

try the paperclip test.
ive got a feeling the dreaded 64 will rear it's ugly head.
you will have a vac pipe open to atmosphere at the power steering res with a in line filter attached try changing this filter as its for the egr this is the only loose vac pipe in there.There's 2 at the manifold around num 3-4.1 for hbv the other go's into the maze unde the fues box.
post the code readings and you can get better advice on whats wrong. :y
I blocked my egr off when the pipe broke the car go's great but cruising using cruise control can be slow to drop gears when climbing hills.

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2010, 22:41:09 »

Try this:

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1152565204

;) ;)

Will be different for the TD I guess :y

I did have the pdf diagram on this engine somewhere, whether that shows much on the vac hoses :-/

Mick

Evo

• Amersham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 June 2010, 08:25:55 »

EGR control hoses are shown here
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DF72&mospid=47543&btnr=11_1552&hg=11&fg=40
19 connect to the EGR valve; 18 connects to the vacuum rail/pump and 18 is the air filter pipe to atmosphere.

There is also a pipe from the underneath of the inlet manifold to the inlet pressure sensor (shown here upside down to its position in a Vauxhall 2.5TD)
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DF72&mospid=47543&btnr=13_0430&hg=13&fg=15
This gets blocked by oil & is a cause of poor acceleration

Sidknee

• Fleet, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 June 2010, 12:24:42 »

Thanks guys for all your help it has cleared up a couple of pipes. I appear to have two connections on EGR. Does the outer, right hand side when looking from front, simnply vent to atmosphere? I also only have one pipe connection from vacuum rail. It comes from just after the little blue valve looking thing if you follow from the brake servo to the pump. This currently runs to atmosphere which would indicate that rather than applying vacuum to servo simply draws air from atmosphere instead. I have temporarily blocked this pipe with a suitable sized screw and found an improvement in brake efficiency. Am I right in doing this or does the pipe go somewhere else? Sorry if I'm being a bit of a biff but I suppose we all have to start somewhere.

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 June 2010, 13:42:59 »

heres some photos of what it should look like

heres the vac pipe going to egr and the hbv

pipe to hbv

vac pipe under inlet manifold directly above fuel pump this is the one that gets clogged up with crud

egr blanked off

Sidknee

• Fleet, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 June 2010, 18:10:03 »

Great pictures many thanks. Will have to check tomorrow as have had to leave car in work as it all gone wrong at once and the windscreen man is visiting me tomorrow. On the bright side it saves me cleaning it! Will report back on findings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.