Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with 3 fault codes and sensor location please  (Read 716 times)

ricardo1500

• Wolverhampton
    • View Profile
Help with 3 fault codes and sensor location please
« on: 08 July 2010, 11:58:22 »

Hi All
I have had three codes pop up this week all at once on my 2001 2.2.  No change to running or performance just had the light on the dash 3 times in a week.

P0130
P0170
P1555

I am checking for intake leaks and wiring on the sensors mentioned by the codes.....except i dont know where to find the Heated oxygen Sensor (HO2S) which is mentioned in both P0130 and P0170.  Any one know where i can find it or have any other suggestions about what I may check.

Many thanks
Rich

swamp rat

• Cornwall
    • View Profile
Re: Help with 3 fault codes and sensor location please
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2010, 13:34:26 »

I had the 0170 and 1555 codes on my last 2.2 at one stage. Same as you with no performance loss or other symptoms. P1555 refers to throttle body position, so removed the throttle body and gave it and the breathers a good clean with carb cleaner. Never saw the eml again. Might be coincidental and/or irrelevant but who knows.

Abiton

« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2010, 13:37:57 »

Oxygen sensor is the one in the exhaust system, just upstream of the cat IIRC.  Also known as a lambda sensor.  Check the wiring connector near it, as well as the wires themselves.

Welung666

« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2010, 16:20:21 »

Ricardo, I'm only down the road in Dudley if you need a hand and the codes clearing/re-reading. I'd have my money on the MAF though, they tend to throw up P0170 and P1555 codes with regularity :y

ricardo1500

• Wolverhampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 July 2010, 19:33:05 »

Thanks for the replies and the offer of help Welung, will check and clean all the connections and the throttle body as I havnt done that for a while........if there is no problems with the engine running is there any reason why I cant ignore it if I cant cure the appearance of the codes
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 17 queries.