Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coolant leaking both side og the gear box, HBV ?  (Read 828 times)

polilara

• Finland
    • 2.6 Y26SE Elegance 2001
    • View Profile
Coolant leaking both side og the gear box, HBV ?
« on: 15 July 2010, 12:37:30 »

Hello, I have now 140 000 km behind. This morning it happened "Check Coolant Level". What I found was that the coolant was leaking both sides of the gear bos. Whren I put the heating system off the leakage stopped for a while. I quess that I have to change the HBV. Are there any other possible reasons for this - actually it is really difficult to see where the water is leaking from without disassembling wipers etc. Please comments before I start to change the HBV.

alank46

• Intermediate Member
  • South Devon
    • 3L Elite Estate 1996
    • View Profile
Re: Coolant leaking both side og the gear box, HBV ?
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2010, 12:49:32 »

Hi
Its probably the A/C condensate drains, especially as it stopped when you turned off the climate.
Alan

Hello, I have now 140 000 km behind. This morning it happened "Check Coolant Level". What I found was that the coolant was leaking both sides of the gear bos. Whren I put the heating system off the leakage stopped for a while. I quess that I have to change the HBV. Are there any other possible reasons for this - actually it is really difficult to see where the water is leaking from without disassembling wipers etc. Please comments before I start to change the HBV.
Elite now gone.  Bought an X-Type 4x4.  If there had been an Omega 4x4 I would have bought that instead.  We really liked the Omega, but I wanted 4x4.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2010, 13:47:02 »

Classic HBV symptoms
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

polilara

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2010, 13:52:44 »

Hello, it is red and wery sweet. I am sure that it is coolant as I had to add water to the cooling system. Actually I checked already the HBV. It is seems to be very dry ?? Under these three hoses there are other hoses which seem to have been wet. When the red leakage was found first time the engine was very hot. I was driving slowly in the city and there was thirty degrees warm outside. Now in the garage it is difficult to get the engine that hot and that high pressure to the system

I heard that in the rear part of the V6 engine there is an O-ring which might leak. Does this Y26SE engine have that solution ? Of cource I could change the HBV and check whether it helped - please comments from you who have more experience.

polilara

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 July 2010, 11:04:56 »

Just changed the HBV. In my case that really was broken.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 July 2010, 11:20:41 »

Excellent :y

That area is where the a/c drains, so leaks appearing in that area, you need to identify if its coolant or condensate.  In this case, the Coolant Level warning gave the game away :y
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.