Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sunroof is a gonna  (Read 1083 times)

Miggster

• Taunton
    • View Profile
sunroof is a gonna
« on: 18 June 2010, 00:57:28 »

my sun roof hasnt worked for months and now what with it been summer i want it back,

i didnt work when i got the car i put it down to been moldy and so was sticking, it only moved 1/2 an inc, so i replaced the glass, still no luck, so i then replaced the motor,

nope still not working, >:(

ive now been told i need to take the whole thing out of the roof,

i would like to no if anyone has done it and how,

somet to do with the cables in the roof, its a estate car if it make a difference,

cheers  :y
FOR SALE!!!! 1991 astra MK2 convertible, ONLY 34,000 genuine miles!!!!, very very good condition, Roof has no leaks nor rips, good solid engine, head gasket done @ 29,000 miles
only 3 prev owners,   £1,249

same #same#

• Intermediate Member
  • south yorks
  • dont blame me im dyslexic
    • View Profile
Re: sunroof is a gonna
« Reply #1 on: 18 June 2010, 07:51:08 »

would not think it need to be removed, there is a cover with a flat head screw put screw driver in and turn screw sun roof should go back and move out of the way get some spray grease and grease up the tracks, when this is done remove the motor 2 screws and a bolt hold it to the iner side, when you have it out get some grease and put in the hole were the cog go's in, now will need to check the motor wile is out, plug the wires back in and push button in(knob), motor should move and got to rest, if motor go's to reset turn knob to open full then lift up. if all is moving ok, then with  the motor back in but not screwd in turn the flat head and set the window to closed, then take motor off plug back in the motor and do rest again, after rest and window is in place put the motor back in, then check the movment, should all be working now. :y

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 June 2010, 07:59:36 »

If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

sjc

• Alloa, Scotland
    • Ultra-dull Audi TDi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 June 2010, 08:52:46 »

It's a very big job removing the whole sunroof "cassette", roof lining has to come out and that involves removing a lot of trim parts that break rather than come away cleanly.

I'd go with samesame's very thorough description on lubricating it as they do get sticky if not used regularly.
If you Elite an MV6, does that make it an MVee-leet?

ScaniaV8

• Luton, Bedfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 June 2010, 10:33:44 »

HI,
I have had exactly same problem for over 12 months and never managed to resolve the problem despite countless restes and changing the motor a couple of times too. Is it possible for you to post  photo picture of where the sun roof motor engages to the inner sprocket inside the sun roof?. Should there be a cog (plastic or metal)  that the sun roof motor engages into to move the sun roof?. I have a feeling my inner cog has disintegrated?  Any comments would be much appreciated.  cheers

same #same#

• Intermediate Member
  • south yorks
  • dont blame me im dyslexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 June 2010, 13:16:16 »

HI,
I have had exactly same problem for over 12 months and never managed to resolve the problem despite countless restes and changing the motor a couple of times too. Is it possible for you to post  photo picture of where the sun roof motor engages to the inner sprocket inside the sun roof?. Should there be a cog (plastic or metal)  that the sun roof motor engages into to move the sun roof?. I have a feeling my inner cog has disintegrated?  Any comments would be much appreciated.  cheers
dont have a pic but its metal alloy, inside should see two rods with nylon on them in a screw pattern, if you have rust on the motor were it gose in the hole the grease has all been used up, and some more needs putting in, have to repeat fill the hole with grease, put motor in turn with screw driver, then remove motor keep doing this till sunroof is inside the roof, then you should feel it move smother when you turn screwdriver other way, when it is easy to move with screw driver its done and there is nothing wrong with its movment any more should take about 6-8 turns to reach roof lining. if it is still not working but the sunroof is working with the screw driver easy then try the linc put on by philrich, and have a good magnet and leve the disc on the magnet for an hour or so.
« Last Edit: 18 June 2010, 13:17:34 by Russ76 »

ScaniaV8

• Luton, Bedfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 August 2010, 13:00:58 »

Please help....Can someone explain the manual opening of the sunroof mechanism using a flat head screw driver please.  Basically, which direction (anti-clockwise or clockwise ?) to start the opening procedure. I do want to force anything and break any parts ! How much pressure is needed to engage and turn the mechanism for the roof to start moving.?

many thanks

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 August 2010, 13:06:51 »

....  Basically, which direction (anti-clockwise or clockwise ?) .....

one direction will tip it up and the other way will wind it back.  :y

Agemo

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes
  • Insignia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 August 2010, 14:07:57 »

Yes, as said, it doesn't matter which way you turn it. Get a cordless screwdriver to work, or use an old fashioned brace and just turn away. (Lots & lots of turns).   ::)
« Last Edit: 04 August 2010, 14:08:43 by Agemo »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.