Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wishbones questions  (Read 4208 times)

estaszew

• USA, Long Beach, California
    • View Profile
Wishbones questions
« on: 03 July 2010, 23:31:53 »

Has anyone tried this seller or heard about these?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OMEGA-94-04-2-X-LOWER-WISHBONE-ARMS-NEW-/330412300642?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cee1b9962

If not, any other suggestions?

Also, do all omegas use the same part number for wishbones...as I want to purchase these for my US Catera and they are much cheaper in the UK.

Thanks!

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: Wishbones questions
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2010, 23:39:21 »

By OEM from www.allgermanparts.co.uk if Jason will ship stateside.

charlie

• sunderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2010, 23:41:29 »

just had a look, over  500 dollars per side for delco ones. :o :o

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2010, 23:44:51 »

Lemforders from Autovaux ...

Telephone   01924 376003

worth a ring as they don't list them on the website .. :)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 July 2010, 23:59:20 »

I bought a pair from them 2 years ago and they are starting to fail (I think as I haven't actually checked them ::)) so I've ordered another pair yesterday. I did some 50k miles on them and, as I can change them myself in a little over 3 hours for the pair, I don't object to doing them every couple of years! It also makes sure I have the alignment checked :y

I wouldn't advise cheap ones if you are paying someone to do it though!
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

feeutfo

« Reply #5 on: 04 July 2010, 00:25:39 »

Lemforder only IMO.

Liam

• Intermediate Member
  • Da Ghetto, Kempston Rural, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 July 2010, 10:40:33 »

In my experience cheap Ebay specials last 18 months to 2 years max before they're either noticably clunking about, or at least the alignment is so bad you're shredding the inner edges of your front tyres. Even if the Ebay ad says 'ignore the other cheap tat - these are top quality - honestly'.

If you dont mind changing them that regularly then fine, but also factor in cost of alignment every time and possible severely shortened tyre life and cheap bones dont seem such a great economy.

So I went for the Lemforders from Allgermanparts this time.

Then my engine destroyed itself in less than 100 miles.

Life sucks :)

Boditza

• Craiova, Romania
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 July 2010, 10:45:06 »

Has anyone tried this seller or heard about these?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OMEGA-94-04-2-X-LOWER-WISHBONE-ARMS-NEW-/330412300642?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cee1b9962

If not, any other suggestions?

Also, do all omegas use the same part number for wishbones...as I want to purchase these for my US Catera and they are much cheaper in the UK.

Thanks!

those are nonames.. try lemforder or febi.. wbay is cheap because mainly is about noname merchandise and fail verry fast.

omega is a heavy car wich eats through the wishbone bushes verry fast if they are not of quality. i prefer to change only the bushes or ball joints.. never changed the entire wishbone

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 July 2010, 17:54:21 »

Right, changed mine today and fitted these ones again. I'm actually quite impressed. They were starting to fail... N/S Front bush just beginning to tear, O/S Rear bush had come unbonded.

TBH, I'll stand by my previous comment. These are fine if you happy to fit them yourself as they lasted 2 years (and I must confess I didn't tighten the front bushes with the suspension loaded last time but have this time) and, like me, feel that 2 years is plenty long enough to go without a Geometry set up ;)

I'll see what this set are like but certainly got what I expected... If these last 2 years as well that'll be 4 years for £100 :y

How long do the Lemforder ones normally last?

feeutfo

« Reply #9 on: 06 July 2010, 23:56:33 »

Right, changed mine today and fitted these ones again. I'm actually quite impressed. They were starting to fail... N/S Front bush just beginning to tear, O/S Rear bush had come unbonded.

TBH, I'll stand by my previous comment. These are fine if you happy to fit them yourself as they lasted 2 years (and I must confess I didn't tighten the front bushes with the suspension loaded last time but have this time) and, like me, feel that 2 years is plenty long enough to go without a Geometry set up ;)

I'll see what this set are like but certainly got what I expected... If these last 2 years as well that'll be 4 years for £100 :y

But dont we need to add two set ups to the total bill?

My thinking on lemforder life is at least 4 years, ie. warrany period originally, plus a bit more or less depending on use, maybe? Seeing as i have heavy duty bushes pressed by the master Markdtm i wont be able to report on the lemforders.

pedroMV6

• Omega Knight
  • York
  • Der Metzgermeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 July 2010, 00:07:38 »

I have just bought super cheap wishbones with bushes (less than £45 per pair) form a guy on ebay.
Reason being, that the wishbones on my MV6 are superb, but the outer bushes are sh***ed, so stick the cheapies on, and re-bush the GM 'bones.
With Rose joints and Neoprene inners.
Add some stitch welding, should last a lifetime!!!
Oh, the Rose joints will be erm, "borrowed for fully testing" from work.
The Neoprene bushes will be made at work.

But then the best laid plans, etc. ::)
Loving the Vectra C 2.2 diesel!

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07 July 2010, 00:09:58 »

I have just bought super cheap wishbones with bushes (less than £45 per pair) form a guy on ebay.
Reason being, that the wishbones on my MV6 are superb, but the outer bushes are sh***ed, so stick the cheapies on, and re-bush the GM 'bones.

Where would one acquire a set of these aforementioned Rose Joints and Neoprene Bushes?  How many pennies would one require spending? *strokes chin*
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 July 2010, 08:07:18 »

But dont we need to add two set ups to the total bill?

My thinking on lemforder life is at least 4 years, ie. warrany period originally, plus a bit more or less depending on use, maybe? Seeing as i have heavy duty bushes pressed by the master Markdtm i wont be able to report on the lemforders.

True... But with the quality of the roads in this country we should really be getting the geometry checked Annually, or at least every 2 years so not really any different.

TBH, in 2 years this car will have over 200k on the clock (if I still own it) and may well be approaching the end of it's useful life. If not, I bang another pair in... Only takes 3 hours or so! :y

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 July 2010, 08:46:33 »

Where would one acquire a set of these aforementioned Rose Joints and Neoprene Bushes?  How many pennies would one require spending? *strokes chin*

Me please, pretty please. 

Actually sounds like a good plan, there has also been a thread mentioning the powerflex bushes this week.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

pedroMV6

• Omega Knight
  • York
  • Der Metzgermeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07 July 2010, 09:52:14 »

No idea really - someone ike Demon Tweeks might be able to help?
We make deep sea ROV's, I can't see the boss being very accommodating if a whole bunch of people suddenly wanted random car bushes making up on our machines!
Like I say, mine shall be 'borrowed' from work to undergo some long term testing :y

Loving the Vectra C 2.2 diesel!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 17 queries.