Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lower arms  (Read 1026 times)

droyboy

• amersham bucks
    • View Profile
Lower arms
« on: 23 September 2010, 12:19:26 »

Hi guys

Due to back problems and waiting surgery, I have to sub out to someone who can change the lowers arms on my MV6, I could do this job myself but my back wont allow me.

I live in the Amersham Bucks area can anyone recommend someone!

Mark  :)

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
Re: Lower arms
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2010, 16:16:33 »

Hi guys

Due to back problems and waiting surgery, I have to sub out to someone who can change the lowers arms on my MV6, I could do this job myself but my back wont allow me.

Hi Mark, sorry to break your subject thread, but what kind of surgery are you waiting for? The reason I ask is that I had a lower lumbar disc removed & two more fused to a 'sound' disc (L3-4, L5+6+7) in an attempt to 'cure' my work injury. It left me 4" shorter, with limited bend or flex capability and in constant pain which led me to sell my business & take early retirement at 50! Please be sure you have all the facts before Surgery, so you can make an informed decision. Kind Regards, Phil ;)
« Last Edit: 23 September 2010, 16:17:39 by philrich1064 »
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2010, 16:32:58 »

Hi guys

Hi Mark, sorry to break your subject thread, but what kind of surgery are you waiting for? The reason I ask is that I had a lower lumbar disc removed & two more fused to a 'sound' disc (L3-4, L5+6+7) in an attempt to 'cure' my work injury. It left me 4" shorter, with limited bend or flex capability and in constant pain which led me to sell my business & take early retirement at 50! Please be sure you have all the facts before Surgery, so you can make an informed decision. Kind Regards, Phil ;)
i was told by my consultant that they only do this as a last resort op now.

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

droyboy

• amersham bucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2010, 16:33:16 »

Hi guys

Hi Phil

Ive already had 1 disc out and on the same path as you  :( my condition is getting worst so who knows what the future holds! but Ive been refered to Stoke Mandeville as I wasn't happy with Wexham Park hospital Slough who wanted me to go down the same path as you and the surgeon a young public school boy type who was very rude infact, clearly not a Vauxhall owner LOL

He even asked me to contact the hospital who did the first op to find out what spec/parts where used in the fusion, lets just say I reminded him he works for the NHS not me, a garage wouldn't ask that, ok some would LOL
« Last Edit: 23 September 2010, 16:42:18 by droyboy »

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2010, 17:25:47 »

Hi guys

Hi Phil

Ive already had 1 disc out and on the same path as you  :( my condition is getting worst so who knows what the future holds! but Ive been refered to Stoke Mandeville as I wasn't happy with Wexham Park hospital Slough who wanted me to go down the same path as you and the surgeon a young public school boy type who was very rude infact, clearly not a Vauxhall owner LOL

He even asked me to contact the hospital who did the first op to find out what spec/parts where used in the fusion, lets just say I reminded him he works for the NHS not me, a garage wouldn't ask that, ok some would LOL

I feel for you mate! :( and wish you the Very Best of Luck for the Future  :y :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

jb

• bucks
    • 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 September 2010, 20:03:03 »

Speak to Tony at wheels in motion at Chesham,he will also reset your geom.

droyboy

• amersham bucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 September 2010, 10:54:52 »

Hi guys

Hi Phil

I feel for you mate! :( and wish you the Very Best of Luck for the Future  :y :y

Thanks Phil  :)

droyboy

• amersham bucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 September 2010, 10:55:49 »

Speak to Tony at wheels in motion at Chesham,he will also reset your geom.

Many thanks JB  :y

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #8 on: 24 September 2010, 11:49:25 »

Hi,

Yes, WIM would be the way to go - its at the bottom of the hill as you go into Chesham. Turn right @ the roundabout with Buckingham windows & its then in the estate on your right.

Where in Amersham are you? I used to live on Lincoln Park until I moved recently.

Good luck - Rob

droyboy

• amersham bucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 September 2010, 12:12:42 »

Hi Rob

I live on White Lion road 5 minute walk to Little Chalfont village, just got the quote back from them, the cost for fitting arms+links is £105.00+vat, the geo cost is £60.00+vat, not bad so all booked in for next Wednesday  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 17 queries.