Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega hydraulic clutch pipes HELP!!  (Read 1436 times)

Johnny A

• View Profile
Omega hydraulic clutch pipes HELP!!
« on: 10 November 2010, 18:35:32 »

Hi guys, new to the site. Got a Lotus Carlton replica that is getting a Z20LET lump with large turbo. I decided to use an R25-28 from a V6 Omega and am having a bit of a headache with the clutch pipes. Im sure one of you manual boys will know exactly what I need.

First off I will start at the gearbox end of the line, got the slave cylinder with its bleed pipe in place, I bought the slave cylinder feed from Vauxhall (item '12'):

As you can see the bottom of item 12 has a standard screw-in union which in this case screws into the slave cylinder itself, however the top end on the flexi has some kind of push-fit union  :-?

The master cylinder I am using has the usual screw-in union too, so what I would like from you guys is to know which bit of pipe I need to join the push-in union to the master cylinders screw-in one.

EPC is pretty useless with the pictures being vague at best, so I went on ebay on found these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OPEL-OMEGA-MANUAL-CLUTCH-HYDRAULIC-FLEXI-PIPE-/310248690104?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483c4351b8
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OPEL-OMEGA-MANUAL-CLUTCH-HYDRAULIC-PIPE-/310248690305?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483c435281
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OPEL-OMEGA-MANUAL-CLUTCH-HYDRAULIC-PIPE-/350245234318?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item518c3e268e

Anyone know which one I need? I called up the guy on ebay who breaks omegas and he was pretty unhelpful so I am relying on you guys to steer me in the right direction.

Many thanks  :y
« Last Edit: 10 November 2010, 18:37:09 by Johnny_A »

Johnny A

• View Profile
Re: Omega hydraulic clutch pipes HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2010, 18:40:37 »

Just found this image using Google:

Is this the section of pipe that connects the flexi to the omega's clutch master cylinder??
If so is it this part on ebay??:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OPEL-OMEGA-MANUAL-CLUTCH-HYDRAULIC-PIPE-/310248690305?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483c435281

Matchless

• Omega Knight
  • Nottingham
    • A white van
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2010, 21:33:13 »

Yep.
You also need the spring clip that holds the joint together.

Why didnt you just get the bits form a breaker?

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 November 2010, 22:09:48 »

Johny A!!
now theres a blast from the past!!, aint you finished that motor yet???
see you been playing with an astra turbo and a few other things, and the poor old carlton is just sat there waiting?
get it finished you tosser ;D

questions been answered so i dont need to!!
« Last Edit: 10 November 2010, 22:10:34 by Omegatoy »

2woody

• Omega Baron
  • Northumberland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 November 2010, 08:44:34 »

what you need is....

the concentric slave cylinder.
a clutch pipe - prefereably one made for you in copper
and the master cylinder.

if you make sure that the pipe has a good few coils in the middle, then there's no need for a flexy or any of the joints, either push-fit or not. If you don't believe me then just look at a Golf or Corrado.

I'm sure it'll work, but have never tried it myself - the only potential sticking point might be incompatibility between the master cylinder and the slacve cylinder effective bore.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.