Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: First day of usage. First breakdown  (Read 2746 times)

V6 CDX-er

• Intermediate Member
  • Sheffield
    • View Profile
Re: First day of usage. First breakdown
« Reply #30 on: 23 February 2011, 18:46:58 »

Does the little red light on the fob light up when you press the lock/unlock buttons?? If not and you have a new battery then the most likely situation is that the battery holder in the fob has snapped...easy enough to weld but you will often find its just held in place by a piece of folded paper...which of course can shift...

As the misfire is on no 6 which is the one with the knackered lead I would say change the lead, clean up the plug and see if that gets rid of the misfire...

If you can head over here I can stick the computer on it and reset old codes etc...

As for the chip/immobiliser, if you can start the car then the code is old...if it was current then it just wouldnt work!

Thanks for the offer. i may take you up on it  :y

The keyfob remains in-op as it was only the car battery that was changed.

Mines the later 2.6, so no leads as such, but the sleeve / shroud for pot 6 is quite damaged, and that (I think) is likely the root of the problem. Just looking after the little 'un (and trying to work) whilst the wife has nipped out for a couple of hours. After which I'll have the coil packs out.

If I was to run a bead ofsilicone sealant around the edge of the dis-pac, (where it got damaged removing it), I assume that that would be sufficient to keep it water tight? Would the silicone sealant cause any problems with the heat soak it will suffer?
[/highlight]

No I don't think it would cause any problem & may cure any spark tracking temporarily allowing the plug to fire correctly, but the probable cause of water ingress to No.6 plug is a leaking scuttle joint imho & you should check the soundproofing material under the scuttle to see if it is/ has been, wet. You can fix this by running a good bead of silicone down the joints & seal around the holes for the wiper shafts. :y

I reckon that you are on to something here.

After having it valeted the inside of the car kept on steaming up every ten minutes or so, even though the interior mats had been fully dried. And yes, I have already cleared out both of my scuttle drains.

V6 CDX-er

• Intermediate Member
  • Sheffield
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 24 February 2011, 03:14:16 »

Ok, had the plenum and passanger side dis-pac off tonight. Everything seems to be in order? No swimming pools in the spark plug wells. No wet or damp around the spark plug shrouds. Plugs 4 & 6 both fine, dry and free from any signs of rust. Even the dis-pac edging and no;6 spark plug shroud aren't as badly damaged as I remember them being. Pics below;

plugs 4 & 6. no; 4 is on the left in both pictures.

edging around dis-pac not too badly damaged, (although I cant remember the bolts being so rusty?)

spark plug wells dry. although I couldn't find the rubber 'O' ring in pot 6?

pot 4; (on left)

pot 6;

And the dis-pac & shrouds. I couldn't un-plug the dis-pac for a clearer picture. Sorry.

The damaged shroud (pot 6) is the one on the far right.

The scuttle drain (passenger side), is clear. Pollen filter dry, but the rubber that runs along the top edge of the bulkhead, although in position, can easily be pulled off.

Any further suggestions please chaps?

Thanks  :)

V6 CDX-er

• Intermediate Member
  • Sheffield
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 24 February 2011, 12:19:37 »

I also wanted to add that during the vehicle being valeted, the engine wasn't steam cleaned.

griffin

• Intermediate Member
  • West, Wiltshire
  • a
    • 2.6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 24 February 2011, 13:49:35 »

Hi there

Just a thought I know the guys round my way that do valleting tend to use high pressure washers and aim them at the sump and up into the engine bay from wheel arches etc may be its water ingres from this way.  Just a thought tho!!

Must say your other post has been really fantastic and I'll be following it very closeley soon.

Regards
Griffin
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.