Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Battery  (Read 790 times)

charlieboy

• Harleston, Norfolk
  • CIMG0035-2.jpg
    • View Profile
New Battery
« on: 21 April 2011, 19:11:20 »

Hi , just had a new battery fitted, and i need to adjust my dash trip computor, I have done it before but I have forgotton the procedure, all I have is the word SAFE and the outside temp, and when I go through the system of date , time etc it just go back to safe I have the little card with various details on and cannot find anything in the handbook, I am sure you guys out there will know......
charlieboy

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
Re: New Battery
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2011, 19:26:27 »

Believe SAFE refers to radio/CD - you need to re-enter codes for radio and/or CD - look in audio handbook for procedures  :y
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Geobond

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2011, 19:55:02 »

hi, im a pure muppet i took the battery off as its been sitting. its up for sale latest shape 2.5 td the bm powered model cdx and its  in safe mode. and i dont have the code, how do i get round this. :-[

charlieboy

• Harleston, Norfolk
  • CIMG0035-2.jpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 April 2011, 20:46:47 »

thanks for replys, I feel a right charlie, I tried toenter the code with the radio  on but turned down, and as the evening light faded noticed that the radio was on,  hang my head in shame......
charlieboy

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 April 2011, 00:00:35 »

hi, im a pure muppet i took the battery off as its been sitting. its up for sale latest shape 2.5 td the bm powered model cdx and its  in safe mode. and i dont have the code, how do i get round this. :-[

you can't get around the code .............. that's the point  ;)
You need the 'Car Pass' from Vauxhall phone around various local dealers for prices - they vary.
Or contact the likes of DaveDND who can sort you the code for the right folding stuff  ;) ;)

damon80

• Wigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 April 2011, 00:32:11 »

Your Car Pass could be tucked inside the flap on the driver's side sun visor - that's where it's been on my previous privatley-bought Vauxhall's for some reason.  Worth a check?  :-/  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.