Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixed feelings...  (Read 1985 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Mixed feelings...
« on: 28 January 2008, 21:13:23 »

It is with somewhat mixed feelings that I must inform OOF that I am no longer the owner of V170 TAT - the Polar Sea Blue 99 2.5 Elite Saloon

:'(

zippo

• Omega Baron
  • manchester
    • View Profile
Re: Mixed feelings...
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2008, 21:14:42 »

whats happened

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2008, 21:14:54 »

... because you've got a facelift elite??

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2008, 21:16:08 »

yep seperating from a car sometimes hurts .. :(

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2008, 21:17:17 »

yep seperating from a car sometimes hurts .. :(

Especially at speed  :D
Is the world ready for me..

miggy

« Reply #5 on: 28 January 2008, 21:19:34 »

Wheres TAT gone,

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 January 2008, 22:25:58 »

Come on then Nige. Spill the beans, there must be a story to this. Did the new seat not go in properly so you threw the car in the bin??   :-?
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 January 2008, 22:37:07 »

He's bought a FORD
 :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 January 2008, 22:40:30 »

It's mostly "her" fault .......  :)

The seat change job didn't quite go as planned, but got there in the end, I was working against the clock which doesn't help.

To cut a long story short, and I was going to try and string this one out, we were going to see a 03 plate miggy that I was quite keen on... SWMBO was NOT as she doesn't like silver cars ... so thats why I wanted the seat change over and done with ...

Well the car was sweet but the price was a bit wrong and he wouldn't budge so it looked like we were getting nowhere .. now in the corner was another miggy that looked the bees knees, well my Mrs says "well if that one was for sale I'd have it" (we both thought it was a private car from where it was and the stuff around it) ... guy says "yup its for sale at £****)...... so I was up and running ... (I worked on him not changing the offer price for mine .... )

OK .. its not the 03 plate the plan was based on .. its a 51 .. but it IS a 3.2 Elite, and does have some special bits, (and its not silver!!). Not much paperwork but a fully stamped log book and it drives like a dream.

Only 2 little niggles on the way home ( 65 miles) ... Temp never got above 80 .. and a slight vibration from the exhaust at certain speed/rpm combinations. I'll investigate these properly in daylight.

I'll stick some photos up tomorrow night with luck .. :)

miggy

« Reply #9 on: 28 January 2008, 22:40:43 »

He's bought a FORD

oh, one of those

[size=56]Fix Or Repair Daily [/size]cars

miggy

« Reply #10 on: 28 January 2008, 22:43:21 »

The seat change job didn't quite go as planned, but got there in the end, I was working against the clock which doesn't help.

To cut a long story short, and I was going to try and string this one out, we were going to see a 03 plate miggy that I was quite keen on... SWMBO was NOT as she doesn't like silver cars ... so thats why I wanted the seat change over and done with ...

Well the car was sweet but the price was a bit wrong and he wouldn't budge so it looked like we were getting nowhere .. now in the corner was another miggy that looked the bees knees, well my Mrs says "well if that one was for sale I'd have it" (we both thought it was a private car from where it was and the stuff around it) ... guy says "yup its for sale at £****)...... so I was up and running ... (I worked on him not changing the offer price for mine .... )

OK .. its not the 03 plate the plan was based on .. its a 51 .. but it IS a 3.2 Elite, and does have some special bits, (and its not silver!!). Not much paperwork but a fully stamped log book and it drives like a dream.

Only 2 little niggles on the way home ( 65 miles) ... Temp never got above 80 .. and a slight vibration from the exhaust at certain speed/rpm combinations. I'll investigate these properly in daylight.

Dont forget the cam belt and tensioners mate. :y :y :y

Mine is the 2.6 and she dont go above the 85 degrees on the motorway.
« Last Edit: 28 January 2008, 22:46:14 by miggy »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 January 2008, 22:45:53 »

Just been done :) & a full service ....

miggy

« Reply #12 on: 28 January 2008, 22:47:05 »

Just been done :) & a full service ....

:y :y :y, top man, look forward to the pics :y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 January 2008, 22:48:40 »

He's bought a FORD

oh, one of those

[size=56]Fix Or Repair Daily [/size]cars

Only Joking, thought it might get some info from you, but you did put us out of our misery anyway.
Hope it is as good as it sounds.
 :D :D :D

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 January 2008, 23:03:40 »

Sounds fantastic. My 2.2 rarely gets above 80 - 85 degrees at this time of year so may not be a problem, although I guess that's hardly relevant.  ;D

What colour is it then?  :y
[size=24]        [/size][/b]
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.