Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Coolant Leak & Wet Carpets  (Read 2014 times)

999gsi

• norwich
    • 2002 omega.2.6 v6 cdx est
    • View Profile
Re: Coolant Leak & Wet Carpets
« Reply #15 on: 11 August 2011, 15:31:45 »

checked carpets today,the front passenger carpet wet and the rear passenger carpet also wet,drivers side dry,heater works fine.stilll got this bizarre coolant leak which only looses water if heater is turned off,would this be the heater matrix ???....the car is really starting to pXXs me off think im gonna sell it :-/ :-/.
previous cars,cavalier gl,glsi,sri 130,cdi,gsi.nova gte,astra gte mk1,3x gte 16v mk2,gsi mk3,carlton gsi 24v,vectra 3.2 gsi ,signum 2.0 turbo design,lexus is 200,saab,95 se and aero,bmw 523,merc e260...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 August 2011, 16:34:17 »

checked carpets today,the front passenger carpet wet and the rear passenger carpet also wet,drivers side dry,heater works fine.stilll got this bizarre coolant leak which only looses water if heater is turned off,would this be the heater matrix ???....the car is really starting to pXXs me off think im gonna sell it :-/ :-/.

This sounds more like the heater bypass valve, which is a common problem and an easy fix. However, you still have a coolant leak inside the car, which can only be the heater matrix or the plumbing between it and the bulkhead.

EDIT: Unless there's some bizarre fault where coolant is leaking up the vacuum line from the heater bypass valve. Not even sure this is possible, but you never know.
« Last Edit: 11 August 2011, 16:35:30 by Kevin_Wood »
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

999gsi

• norwich
    • 2002 omega.2.6 v6 cdx est
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 August 2011, 16:42:13 »

i have bought i hbv,down loaded the fitting instruction from here<just need some time to do it,what are other symptoms of heater matrix failure ?? thanks phil.
previous cars,cavalier gl,glsi,sri 130,cdi,gsi.nova gte,astra gte mk1,3x gte 16v mk2,gsi mk3,carlton gsi 24v,vectra 3.2 gsi ,signum 2.0 turbo design,lexus is 200,saab,95 se and aero,bmw 523,merc e260...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 17 queries.