Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.2 V6 hard to start on LPG  (Read 3630 times)

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
Re: 3.2 V6 hard to start on LPG
« Reply #30 on: 03 September 2011, 21:08:23 »

Thnaks for everyone's help so far.

I've been working 12 hour shifts continually, so haven't had time to search for the LPG ECU, but hopefully will next Friday.

I've been running on petrol for the last day and a half and absolutely no codes.

Post modified by Admin Team to remove discussion on acquiring copyrighted stuff.
« Last Edit: 04 September 2011, 17:13:24 by TheBoy »
The first 90% of a job takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

feeutfo

« Reply #31 on: 04 September 2011, 06:43:06 »

.... youmay find admin will delete related posts due to op com copyright issues.
« Last Edit: 04 September 2011, 06:44:11 by chrisgixer »

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04 September 2011, 15:32:55 »

.... youmay find admin will delete related posts due to op com copyright issues.

This just gets more complicated by the minute. What are the op com copyright issues, or can't we discuss that?

Is that why I'm not getting e-mail alerts to this thread?
« Last Edit: 04 September 2011, 15:36:13 by BigCat »
The first 90% of a job takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

albitz

« Reply #33 on: 04 September 2011, 15:36:06 »

It isnt legally available in this country. ;)
Normally is referred to on here as "a chinese code reader". ;)
From the admins viewpoint, they could run into trouble for allowing their forum to breach copyright legislation. :(
« Last Edit: 04 September 2011, 15:38:18 by albitz »

Martin_1962

« Reply #34 on: 04 September 2011, 16:17:36 »

OK 0301 0302 0304 is the passenger bank coil pack

Check plugs first

Also use some decent petrol not supermarket crap

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04 September 2011, 18:09:47 »

What about this software: http://www.opel-scanner.com/index.php?pid=4 is that legal, or verboten?

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04 September 2011, 18:19:24 »

I think that one is OK as it is to the licensed supplier ... but just compare the price to the ebay copies ... :(

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04 September 2011, 22:47:06 »

That's a relief, I already own that. Just have to see if it'll work with the different hardware.

feeutfo

« Reply #38 on: 04 September 2011, 23:21:00 »

.... Although it's handy to have live data capability, I wonder how much use it will be ultimately?

Seeing as we still don't know how to read or adjust what ever kit it is? Or if it's even possible.

Pointless spending a penny until we know. May even be a case of finding an approved LPG installer and paying him to sort it.... Live data or not!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 05 September 2011, 08:07:34 »

Unfortunately I have to agree with Chris. Unless you can talk to the LPG ECU and adjust it, which I don't think you're going to be able to do, it's going to make more sense to visit an installer. :(
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 05 September 2011, 08:13:28 »

Just checked back throug this thread... If it's got OMVL Dream injectors then it's probably an OMVL Dream kit (although there are several versions) so you may be able to get the software and lead to be able to look/change the setup.  :-/

The misfire codes need looking into though, check the coil packs and plug wells for oil contamination.

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 05 September 2011, 21:00:20 »

This thread has become quite long and confusing, particularly as much has changed since I first posted it, so once I get access to the LPG ECU I shall start a new thread.

ON the OMVL lead thingy, I found this: http://www.tinleytech.co.uk/acatalog/Software_and_leads.html I can only hope as it's a company and not an ebay item, that there are no copyright issues here (possibly available cheaper elsewhere legitimately).

For anyone who has managed to follow the thread accurately (you deserve a medal  :D) , I've been running on petrol for a few days now and have not had any problems; no misfiring, no hard starting; although the eml has finally come on again (pre-cat issue surely).

feeutfo

« Reply #42 on: 05 September 2011, 21:14:00 »

Yep all sounds like the usual LPG issues. LPG has a much narrower "window" for ignition. So any spark, timing, or lambda issues on petrol... or jet size issues on LPG...  will show up far more readily. Correct set up is key. And a good strong ignition system of course.

If you start a new thread, include a link to this one so we don't get fuddled.  ;D

Re sparks, vx are far cheapest for plugs, ESP if you have a trade club card, see FAQ.

Coil pacs Bosch only. Should be able to pick one up for £60 to £65 from a factors or google. See Vauxhall parts warehouse.(?)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 05 September 2011, 21:17:16 »

This thread has become quite long and confusing, particularly as much has changed since I first posted it, so once I get access to the LPG ECU I shall start a new thread.

ON the OMVL lead thingy, I found this: http://www.tinleytech.co.uk/acatalog/Software_and_leads.html I can only hope as it's a company and not an ebay item, that there are no copyright issues here (possibly available cheaper elsewhere legitimately).

For anyone who has managed to follow the thread accurately (you deserve a medal  :D) , I've been running on petrol for a few days now and have not had any problems; no misfiring, no hard starting; although the eml has finally come on again (pre-cat issue surely).

Tinley are a reputable OMVL distributor so all OK there... Good customer support from them most of the time too :y :y

As for running fine on petrol, that doesn't rule out a HT fault... LPG is very demanding on the HT side of things and will highlight any weaknesses long before they show on petrol.

Give us a quick recap... What's the age of Plugs and Coil Pack? Have you checked the plug wells for oil (cam cover gasket leaking?) or have they been leaking in the past?

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 05 September 2011, 22:46:54 »

Recap:The car has been hard to start after running on LPG, for some time now (although it starts on petrol).

On a return trip from southern Italy three weeks ago, the car developed a severe misfire and engine knock on both petrol and LPG. Mechanic found oil in plug wells and replaced camshaft gaskets, after which it ran much, much better.

In the last two weeks, LPG has been getting progressively worse and generating lots of codes (misfire consistently on 302 and 306 as well as various lambda sensor errors), following which I've been running only on petrol and no codes for three days, until today. 430 and 420 which is the pre-cat issue.

At the moment, it runs perfectly on petrol, no misfire, no hard starting.

As I'm working constant 12 hour shifts, I haven't had time to locate and identify the LPG ECU, but I suspect it's OMV Dream XXI as per the injectors.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.