Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CCR600 stuck in safe mode  (Read 1482 times)

tomTVR

• York, North Yorhshire
    • View Profile
CCR600 stuck in safe mode
« on: 12 June 2008, 01:09:14 »

Recently had to change the battery and the head unit reset. I had a couple of chances to enter the code (still have the card) but it didnt work. A mate who has an Astra and had a similar problem pointed out i was entering the wrong code (there are several). Each time i did it wrong it went from SAFE 10 to SAFE 7. I believe that it the number of attempts i have left? But now it wont bring up the code entry screen any more nor does it bleep, instead it just flashes SAFE at me every time - seems to have totally locked me out.

Any help? Im really missing having music but cant afford to take it to the main dealer  :(

Many thanks

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
Re: CCR600 stuck in safe mode
« Reply #1 on: 12 June 2008, 08:44:27 »

You are entering an incorrect code number and each wrong attempt will result in having to wait a lot longer between goes, a sort of penalty timer.

The ignition and stereo have to be left switched on for anything between 10 mins up to a max of 2 hours after wrong attempts have been made.

You do not get an infinate number of goes, so if you have the wrong number, stop now and send it over for it to be reset and returned with the correct code.

:y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

tomTVR

• York, North Yorhshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2008, 18:44:05 »

Just to confirm - the ignition and radio has to be turned on for upto 2 hours in order to be able to re enter the code? I knew there were increasing time limits on entering the code but i have always turned the whole lot off while waiting.

cheers

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2008, 19:09:16 »

Just to confirm - the ignition and radio has to be turned on for upto 2 hours in order to be able to re enter the code? I knew there were increasing time limits on entering the code but i have always turned the whole lot off while waiting.

cheers
ign and radio need to left on during 'wait time', else it restarts timer next time you switch on.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.