Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear Curtian Blind  (Read 1282 times)

oceansoul

• Intermediate Member
  • Sunbury on Thames - Surrey
    • View Profile
Rear Curtian Blind
« on: 16 August 2008, 14:11:15 »

Hi,
I had me omega for three days now, and the rear blind has stopped working =[
It was fine on the test drive, then once i picked it up it was fine and i used it once or twice. But then yesterday i told my friend to press the button and watch the back window (knowing that she'd be facinaited by it) and nowt happened?!?! There is a slight clicking (relay?) coming from somewhere, sounds like either the switch or under steering wheel.
How can i make the blind work again =[

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Rear Curtian Blind
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2008, 14:37:12 »

Might be a bit sticky.  Get someone to press the button, and manually help it up.  Once up, lube runners.  Don't use oil etc, but that ptfe spray used on nylon curtain rails
Grumpy old man

oceansoul

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2008, 15:53:27 »

I just tried this, but there was so much resistance i could only lift it up a couple o inches all the way across the blind, and i asked my friend to press the button, but still nowt happened. There was a small click coming from there rear near the blind, but no movement. As soon as i let go of the blind it went stright back down again. I tried to spray some PTFE lubricant spray to what looks like the runners but didnt work.   :( :( :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 August 2008, 19:39:27 »

I just tried this, but there was so much resistance i could only lift it up a couple o inches all the way across the blind, and i asked my friend to press the button, but still nowt happened. There was a small click coming from there rear near the blind, but no movement. As soon as i let go of the blind it went stright back down again. I tried to spray some PTFE lubricant spray to what looks like the runners but didnt work.   :( :( :(
Motor failed then, or blind shifted in it position on shelf, causing it to block.
Grumpy old man

oceansoul

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 August 2008, 12:42:42 »

Motor failed then, or blind shifted in it position on shelf, causing it to block.

So how do i get to the blind? i looked in the top of the boot but there isnt anything there?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 August 2008, 13:39:04 »

So how do i get to the blind? i looked in the top of the boot but there isnt anything there?
Remove rear seat bench, fold down seat backs, remove seat sides by bending up tab at bottom, remove headrests and their guides, remove C pillar trims, undo the 3 nuts in boot that hold blind in place, remove shelf trim with blind attached.

Bit of a pig, sorry :(
Grumpy old man

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 August 2008, 00:07:35 »

i had the opposite with one that i bought for my CDX, would go down but only one side would work properly.

Pulled the shelf out of the car, as TB said, 3x10mm headed nuts, pulled the shelf out and then stripped the blind unit off the shelf.
Once it was free from the shelf i then detached the blind from the motor, this allowed me to push the blind up and down, clean the runners with a cotton wool ear bud and then relube it with some silicone lube, works a treat now  :y

whole lot took about 2 hours and created all manner of shouting from the wife when she saw car parts in the living room....  ;D ;D ;D  

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 August 2008, 08:49:15 »

i had the opposite with one that i bought for my CDX, would go down but only one side would work properly.

Pulled the shelf out of the car, as TB said, 3x10mm headed nuts, pulled the shelf out and then stripped the blind unit off the shelf.
Once it was free from the shelf i then detached the blind from the motor, this allowed me to push the blind up and down, clean the runners with a cotton wool ear bud and then relube it with some silicone lube, works a treat now  :y

whole lot took about 2 hours and created all manner of shouting from the wife when she saw car parts in the living room....  ;D ;D ;D  
LOL, I had a spare blind in my hall for ages, much to her disgust....  ....its made it into garage now :)
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.