Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bose quality through aftermarket?  (Read 2923 times)

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
Re: Bose quality through aftermarket?
« Reply #15 on: 23 October 2008, 16:58:30 »

Sounds to me like a poor ground connection that has been made worse by removing the unit and replacing.

:y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 October 2008, 17:03:58 »

Sounds to me like a poor ground connection that has been made worse by removing the unit and replacing.

:y

:-[ :-[

Its been unplugged for a week now, will prob just ditch it and upgrade to Bose!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 October 2008, 19:58:03 »

Seems a lot of hassle to go to for the sake of a loose connection. :-/

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 October 2008, 20:13:27 »

Seems a lot of hassle to go to for the sake of a loose connection. :-/

Kevin

Been driving around for a while now with it unplugged, and i think it sounds better! Had some of the more 'Bass' tracks in the from of The Bravery, i think it sounded better just needed a bit more sound from the back.

1) I plan to do more trips to Holland, so boot space will be needed
2) I think i am growing up  ::)

I think the best way to go is putting some speakers which are amp'd on the parcel shelf?

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 October 2008, 20:36:50 »

for the last few months i have been gathering kit together to upgrade my stereo....

I have gone for infinity components speakers in the front and back doors and am no looking round for some decent 6'' single cones to go in the back shelf as well as a nice 'meaty' amp to drive it all.....

If i can i will use a similar amp to the one i had in the gold Elite a MRV407-4/6 Alpine, that was a really nice amp that gave a cracking sound  

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 October 2008, 21:14:03 »

If i can i will use a similar amp to the one i had in the gold Elite a MRV407-4/6 Alpine, that was a really nice amp that gave a cracking sound  

That's what I've got. Bought it on ebay for sub-20 quid, replaced the MOSFETs that the DPO had blown and it's a lovely amp. :y

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 October 2008, 21:34:25 »

That's what I've got. Bought it on ebay for sub-20 quid, replaced the MOSFETs that the DPO had blown and it's a lovely amp. :y

Kevin

humph  >:(

jammy so and so

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 October 2008, 21:35:13 »

for the last few months i have been gathering kit together to upgrade my stereo....

I have gone for infinity components speakers in the front and back doors and am no looking round for some decent 6'' single cones to go in the back shelf as well as a nice 'meaty' amp to drive it all.....

How much did the speakers cost?

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 October 2008, 21:41:12 »

each set of inifinity's have cost me about £45, and that's for 5 1/4 with seperate tweeter, crossover and wiring.

I still have to get a load of oxygen free speaker cable to run around the car, a amp wiring kit, some high quality phono leads and then rip the interior out so i can do the install and clean up the interior

Martin_1962

« Reply #24 on: 23 October 2008, 22:59:08 »

each set of inifinity's have cost me about £45, and that's for 5 1/4 with seperate tweeter, crossover and wiring.

I still have to get a load of oxygen free speaker cable to run around the car, a amp wiring kit, some high quality phono leads and then rip the interior out so i can do the install and clean up the interior

6.5s fit in the front doors - bit tight but sound good

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 October 2008, 10:52:53 »

PMSL!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 18 queries.