Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heated seats  (Read 2568 times)

dave-b

• Wigan, Lancs.
    • Elite 3.0 F/L
    • View Profile
Heated seats
« on: 28 December 2008, 22:41:54 »

Are there any common problems with heated (leather) seats causing them not to work? I've just got an '01 elite which seems to have led a sheltered life but none of the heated seats work, front or rear, & I'm sure no-ones even sat on the rears! All the switches illuminate, but I've not had chance to check for 12v or open circuit at the seat connection plugs yet. I assume there is a timer relay somewhere, do these give problems ?

kris9128

Re: Heated seats
« Reply #1 on: 29 December 2008, 08:52:22 »

have you checked the connections under the seats. when i got mine the rear seats woudnt heat up. appeared sombody had removed the base at some time and didnt bother to reconnect them.

Ironingboard

• Intermediate Member
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 December 2008, 13:51:37 »

Are there any common problems with heated (leather) seats causing them not to work? I've just got an '01 elite which seems to have led a sheltered life but none of the heated seats work, front or rear, & I'm sure no-ones even sat on the rears! All the switches illuminate, but I've not had chance to check for 12v or open circuit at the seat connection plugs yet. I assume there is a timer relay somewhere, do these give problems ?

The rear drivers side doesn't work on my one, think there's a connection problem internally with the heating element, but its a big job to remove the leather in order to change them. Heating elements are a common problem, think GM fitted cheap ones, internal connections crack or break when you don't use them for a while and crack when you do use them.

They work or they don't provided there connected up. No timer on them as far as I know, take a few mins to warm up. Front ones should have a temperature setting you can set on the dash. 3 is warm enough on my car, too scared to try 6 incase I cook something  ;D

bighed

• Shropshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 December 2008, 19:02:16 »

Would there be a fuse between dash switch and actual seat?

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 December 2008, 00:47:36 »

I doubt it tbh, however ive never even been in a facelift Omega, so who am I to say  :P
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

bighed

• Shropshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 December 2008, 12:28:34 »

I doubt it tbh, however ive never even been in a facelift Omega, so who am I to say  :P

Only reason I ask is that both front bum warmers on mine dont work but switch lights up. Maybe they are fubarred  :'(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 December 2008, 16:57:19 »

..... Maybe they are fubarred  :'(

Quite likely, although it's normally the driver's seat that fails whist leaving your passengers with a warm bum. :( You'll have to test for 12volts at the seat multiplug.  :y
« Last Edit: 31 December 2008, 16:58:23 by Andy_B »

2nddaniel

• Heywood
  • I swerve for HGV's.
    • Omega 3.0 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • Cheesey peas
« Reply #7 on: 07 February 2016, 22:13:01 »

Andy B. Can you elaborate a little on your experiences with drivers heated seat failure. Mine doesn't work. Other seats do work. Fuses intact, looked under seat for a multiplug, but found a substation. More wires than the thing that attacked Superman3.
Weapons officer, prepare to fire.

I am prepared. I'm the weapons officer.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 February 2016, 22:21:39 »

Andy B. Can you elaborate a little on your experiences with drivers heated seat failure. Mine doesn't work. Other seats do work. Fuses intact, looked under seat for a multiplug, but found a substation. More wires than the thing that attacked Superman3.

You have to bear in mind that the two heat mats ..... one for the lower back & t'other for you bum .... are wired in series so if one fails you lose both. I found mine (& the Senator's before it ) had a burnt out section. If you remove the seat .... they're bloody heavy & DON@T switch your ignition on without the seat in place if you don't want the air bag light to stay on, the plug is fairly obvious.
I can't now tell you which one it is ...... I'm sure others will be able to tell you ...... it was about 10 yrs since I fixed mine  ;)

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 February 2016, 07:55:22 »

Think its the blue plug under the seat.... Absolutely NOT the yellow, thats the airbag/tensioner circuit...
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 February 2016, 18:32:07 »

I'm sure chrisgixer did a guide. Certainly I remember taking the photos when we did his 2 (ones was an element fault, one was a controller fault (only found in FL))
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 21 queries.