Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trafficmaster Oracle  (Read 2069 times)

benbrunt

• Intermediate Member
  • Oldham
    • View Profile
Trafficmaster Oracle
« on: 07 January 2009, 21:23:46 »

Have acquired a trafficmaster with a load of wiring loom from another Elite, I remember reading that the units can be 'enhanced' ::), I have a silver one that arrived today, and haven't looked at the colour of the one in the car as I understand that there is a black unit too.

Which one can be 'enhanced', and are they interchangeable easily enough?

Cheers in advance :)
<marquee>[img name=signat_img_resize]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3208/3130811192_b672fbed66_m.jpg[/img]

Gas Guzzler, I love the stuff!

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
Re: Trafficmaster Oracle
« Reply #1 on: 07 January 2009, 21:29:00 »

I know the silver one  deffo can, and I would THINK the black ones are possibly doable.
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 January 2009, 21:30:48 »

Both
Grumpy old man

benbrunt

• Intermediate Member
  • Oldham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 January 2009, 21:41:41 »

Ta for that, if anyone is able to upgrade them I'll gladly donate the spare one for them to have. Aware we can't talk of illegal activities on the forum so feel free to pm. TIA
<marquee>[img name=signat_img_resize]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3208/3130811192_b672fbed66_m.jpg[/img]

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 January 2009, 22:06:10 »

Ta for that, if anyone is able to upgrade them I'll gladly donate the spare one for them to have. Aware we can't talk of illegal activities on the forum so feel free to pm. TIA
I've only attempted one, and it dont work properly afterwards (however I dont know if it worked in the first place though!)

Basicly it no longer asked about 'something' which needed doing, however it never gave me any traffic updates etc either. Wasn't 100% dead though, as it still spoke when you pressed the button!

I must have another go one day!  ;)
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

benbrunt

• Intermediate Member
  • Oldham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 January 2009, 22:16:29 »

I've only attempted one, and it dont work properly afterwards (however I dont know if it worked in the first place though!)

Basicly it no longer asked about 'something' which needed doing, however it never gave me any traffic updates etc either. Wasn't 100% dead though, as it still spoke when you pressed the button!

HA HA! Disconnected my clocks the other day to fit a new ccrt screen, as soon as the clocks were out, she pipes up, Trafficmaster, automatic mode and the light goes green.

Plug em back in and back to 'something needs doing' mode :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 January 2009, 23:06:49 »

HA HA! Disconnected my clocks the other day to fit a new ccrt screen, as soon as the clocks were out, she pipes up, Trafficmaster, automatic mode and the light goes green.

Plug em back in and back to 'something needs doing' mode :y
Fluke - occasionally does work even if expired.  TM unit only takes power, its not connected to any other device (except radio aux in)
Grumpy old man

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #7 on: 07 January 2009, 23:20:56 »

You`d be amazed how many "updates" (ahem!) that there are out there with corrupted data in them and do not work.

If you have messed about with it, and it no longer works, then you may need to send it to someone to have it - erm? - repaired?  

::)   ;)
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 January 2009, 23:39:30 »

You`d be amazed how many "updates" (ahem!) that there are out there with corrupted data in them and do not work.

If you have messed about with it, and it no longer works, then you may need to send it to someone to have it - erm? - repaired?  

::)   ;)

Hehe... I dont know what state its in now, I got bored of it and decided to prod around with wet hands when it was turned on.... sounded like traffic master was on drugs!  ;D ;D :D

Still 'tries' to work, but I could quite easily have killed some other chip prodding about!

One min, it was saying stuff normally, moved my finger and it went all high pitched, then made random noises  ;D Got the video camera out to record it, but couldn't get it to mental again  :-[ May have a play one day  ;D

And remember folks... Don’t play with electrical stuff with wet hands! ::)
Unless you want to have a laugh  :P

As for the repair dave, im not sure yet, as im installing a PC in the boot at the moment, so im not sure if im going to bother with TM. Will give you a shout though if I decide I want an updated TM box!
 :y
[size=12]

matt-sboro

• scarborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 January 2009, 18:06:55 »

ooh hang on a minute - i got a button with Tm written on and it dont do anything - what does this mean for me?

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #10 on: 15 January 2009, 18:51:23 »

ooh hang on a minute - i got a button with Tm written on and it dont do anything - what does this mean for me?

Sounds like its disconnected   :-/
www.dndservices.co.uk

Tawfield

• Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 January 2009, 23:15:52 »

Mine spiels out a code and a phone No to renew contract is it worth it?

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 January 2009, 10:36:35 »

This is a matter of great debate... I do quite a lot of travelling as friends and family are scattered all over the country so activated mine as a trial... Whilst it can be a bit annoying when it chimes in during a good tune I personally find it useful if used in conjunction with a radio station with good traffic info! I'll certainly be keeping it up to date as it's saved me hours. :y :y :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
www.dndservices.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.